• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banana Selection

How do you select your banana?

• Total voters
so y'all have more than one kid, and give them each their own banana, but they don't eat the whole thing? why can't they just split one banana so you don't wind up with two half eaten bananas in the fridge?

Seriously, heavypetter. Did this ever, like, occur to you, man?

the_big_lebowski5_200.jpg

geez, give me a break. my brothers and i weren't picky (plus my mom cut up all of our food when we were little anyway, so it all looked the same to us), and i don't have my own kids.

well, yes.

i suppose the "for some reason" in my statement was unnecessary.

My son is 3 and I'm teaching him to select and open his own bananas. A three year old chimp can do it. He should be able to as well.

It depends if I'm the only one eating the bananas then i will it the worse one first. However if there are other greedy hands touching on my bananas im eatin' the best one first. No sense in saving it for any one else, thats what Regan taught me anyways.

Last edited:
It depends if I'm the only one eating the bananas then i will it the worse one first. However if there are other greedy hands on touching my bananas i eatin' on my bananas then you have to eat the best one first. No sense in saving it for any one else, thats what Regan taught me anyways.

Well, yeah, if you're at the breakfast buffet at the Courtyard by Marriott, you've got to take the best looking banana.

When I was a kid, the best cause I know my dad likes the horrible looking ones. He'll eat a black one even, ugh.

Now, if I think one only has a few hours left, I'll take it but I still prefer picking the best one.

I like bananas, but hardly ever eat them because I can't stand brown/bruised ones. I pretty much only eat perfectly ripe ones.

Of course, I never buy them for this reason, but in the morning when I'm in a hotel or at someone's house and there is a glorious yellow banana, I eat it and enjoy it greatly.

this is us too.

for some reason i love going to the grocery store. probably because it gets me out of the house.

Truer words have never been spoken. I will roll the fuck up in a grocery store and take some sweet ass time buying a dozen eggs. Every aisle, special time spent in the picnic and grilling section and the beer aisle.

I also find these trips great for stocking the second fridge with beer. Just boy something that looks good every time, even if you're not planning on drinking it right away. Before you know it, you've got an amazing beer fridge.

Truer words have never been spoken. I will roll the fuck up in a grocery store and take some sweet ass time buying a dozen eggs. Every aisle, special time spent in the picnic and grilling section and the beer aisle.

I also find these trips great for stocking the second fridge with beer. Just boy something that looks good every time, even if you're not planning on drinking it right away. Before you know it, you've got an amazing beer fridge.

i like meandering around the produce looking at the melons.

I think a lot about the six people who said they choose their bananas without any real judgement

Back