• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bane

I second the love for Killer Joe. One of the best movies from last year.

Top 5 movie villains of all time, in no particular order, I would consider to be Michael Myers (Halloween), Frank Booth (Blue Velvet), Norman Bates (Psycho), Reverand Harry Powell (Night of the Hunter), Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre), and Noah Cross (Chinatown)...... Okay that's 6, but still.

As far as a pure manifestation of brute force and fear, Hardy's Bane is tough to top.

Ben Foster in everything is as good as anyone, that young man is one helluva villain, see 3:10 to Yuma and that Hostage film he was in, plus Alpha Dog.

As far as all time, you cannot get much better than Darth and the Emperor. Ledger and Jack's Jokers are also fantastic, one as the ultimate terrorist and the other as the perfect psycho/funny bad guy.

Bane is a cool bad guy but dude wasn't even running the show and totally bitches out at the end. Plus he's on roids so he's a fake badass.

My other underrated bad guy: Van Damme in Expendables 2.

Hon Mentions: Tommy Lee Jones and Busey in Under Seige, the Nordic in The Firm, Malkovich in In the Line of Fire, and Agent Smith in Matrix.

I thought Moon started a thread called Bane to be autobigraphical.

Bardem's Anton Chigurh deserves a mention, I think.

Calling Hardy's Bane one of the best movie villains of all-time is laughable, though.

Back