• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

Back to the lubish semantic games again. Critical theory and critical thinking are not the same. Indeed, they are polar opposites. Critical Theory, of which Critical Race Theory is a part, is Marxist claptrap about oppressors and oppressed, claims universal and exclusive applicability, and seeks to condemn and exclude any other method or approach that might contradict its shallow and misleading conclusions. Critical thinking is an essential tool of analysis and problem solving. Stop the lubotic bullshit Highland.

Dude, you don't need to argue with me, you need to argue with members of your own party. I was just quoting the current NC Superintendent of Schools, a Trumpite Republican. Too bad most members of your own party don't seem to understand your analysis or to agree with it. Maybe you can send her an email or something and let her know just how wrong she is. I'm sure that she'll listen.

While it’s obviously a bad approach, you have to keep in mind that tens of thousands of high school graduates from NC annually lack critical thinking skills or job skills. Ultimately, whatever goals the Superintendent sets for herself, the students, and the schools are all lip service.

Dude, you don't need to argue with me, you need to argue with members of your own party. I was just quoting the current NC Superintendent of Schools, a Trumpite Republican. Too bad most members of your own party don't seem to understand your analysis or to agree with it. Maybe you can send her an email or something and let her know just how wrong she is. I'm sure that she'll listen.

First, I don't have a party. Unfortunately, that fact does not conform to your simplistic mistaken view that people who don't follow the latest and dumbest Democrat fads and signal their resultant "virtue" constantly are automatically Republican.

Second, since my brief explanation of the difference between critical theory and critical thought is accurate, if people disagree with it, it's their problem.

Third, let us hear your explanation of the difference between critical theory and critical thought, if you are capable of recognizing the difference at all, that is.

First, I don't have a party. Unfortunately, that fact does not conform to your simplistic mistaken view that people who don't follow the latest and dumbest Democrat fads and signal their resultant "virtue" constantly are automatically Republican.

Second, since my brief explanation of the difference between critical theory and critical thought is accurate, if people disagree with it, it's their problem.

Third, let us hear your explanation of the difference between critical theory and critical thought, if you are capable of recognizing the difference at all, that is.

Lolz. You accuse me of "simplistic" views, yet here is your wildly simplistic view of Critical Race Theory, which has been discussed in detail here many times: "Critical Theory, of which Critical Race Theory is a part, is Marxist claptrap about oppressors and oppressed, claims universal and exclusive applicability, and seeks to condemn and exclude any other method or approach that might contradict its shallow and misleading conclusions." Apparently you actually haven't read many of the posts here discussing it in any detail. As for your claim to not be a Trumpite Republican, you certainly contradict yourself here on that claim every time you post, and I seriously doubt whether anyone here believes you, including me.

And you continue to ignore the simple fact that it is your side, or party, or whatever, that is trying to ban not just CRT (which in many cases they've shown not to understand) from schools, but critical thinking in general. There are examples that have been posted here. You're arguing with the wrong people, but I'm sure you will continue to blindly ignore that fact and persist with your arguments.

ETA: When I say that conservatives are trying to ban or drive critical thinking from schools, this is what I mean:

Last edited:
I remember sailor staning that uranium one was the biggest scandal ever.... And then the republicans in Congress immediately dropped it after the election it was all just bullshit for the election.

Lolz. You accuse me of "simplistic" views, yet here is your wildly simplistic view of Critical Race Theory, which has been discussed in detail here many times: "Critical Theory, of which Critical Race Theory is a part, is Marxist claptrap about oppressors and oppressed, claims universal and exclusive applicability, and seeks to condemn and exclude any other method or approach that might contradict its shallow and misleading conclusions." Apparently you actually haven't read many of the posts here discussing it in any detail. As for your claim to not be a Trumpite Republican, you certainly contradict yourself here on that claim every time you post, and I seriously doubt whether anyone here believes you, including me.

And you continue to ignore the simple fact that it is your side, or party, or whatever, that is trying to ban not just CRT (which in many cases they've shown not to understand) from schools, but critical thinking in general. There are examples that have been posted here. You're arguing with the wrong people, but I'm sure you will continue to blindly ignore that fact and persist with your arguments.

ETA: When I say that conservatives are trying to ban or drive critical thinking from schools, this is what I mean:

Jesus -- who are the fucking triggered snowflakes now trying to cancel everything? White Republicans are the biggest pussies on the planet.

Little dick? -- I'll worship guns.
Insecure? -- I'll take it out on minorities and gay people.
COVID? -- I can't handle the slight discomfort of wearing masks.
Christians? -- I could not care less about helping others (see above); constantly the victim
CRT? -- you can't teach actual history if it triggers me and makes me feel uncomfortable

What a sad existence to be that weak and pathetic. Truly sorry for you Sailor, JH, Junebug, Anus. You don't know it, but what a shitty way to live.

critical theory is not inherently Marxist, sailor. Most of it's not, in fact. But you're right about power structures being central to its critiques.

Why is that a problem for you?

Jesus -- who are the fucking triggered snowflakes now trying to cancel everything? White Republicans are the biggest pussies on the planet.

Little dick? -- I'll worship guns.
Insecure? -- I'll take it out on minorities and gay people.
COVID? -- I can't handle the slight discomfort of wearing masks.
Christians? -- I could not care less about helping others (see above); constantly the victim
CRT? -- you can't teach actual history if it triggers me and makes me feel uncomfortable

What a sad existence to be that weak and pathetic. Truly sorry for you Sailor, JH, Junebug, Anus. You don't know it, but what a shitty way to live.

Always projecting.

Always projecting.

Sorry for triggering you again, JH. Maybe bootstrap something? Run away with your tail between your legs for a couple of years and then try to slink back under a different name again? I know it's hard being a special snowflake.

Jh must be one of those replacement theory guys. He's always worried that something is going to upset his fragile lifestyle of comfort and ease.

Imagine thinking that everybody who isn't white is plotting cultural genocide but not wanting to teach about actual genocide.

I present this without the sports related context because it’s hilarious.

c3a37b86f2247663fe66146c188822b6.jpg

Yeah, I mentioned that on the Pit chat thread a couple of days ago because it’s so fucking ridiculous andRovell is such a moron. The more you dig into the story, the stupider he gets.

"Privilege Bingo" in Virginia public school

"Privilege Bingo" in Virginia public school

Why are conservatives so adamant to keep their children ignorant about privilege?

Back