• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

Nah…can never have too many excuses to disparage public education.

It is exceedingly difficult to parody their straight-faced performance over the last 18 months. If you think I'm wrong, kindly run on their performance in 2022.

It is exceedingly difficult to parody their straight-faced performance over the last 18 months. If you think I'm wrong, kindly run on their performance in 2022.

That’s exactly the kind of simplistic calculation that has ruined your party.

That’s exactly the kind of simplistic calculation that has ruined your party.

From your lips to Democrats ears. I can only hope they follow your advice. That is, assuming they don't want to give "Defund the Police" another go.

jhmd doesn’t think public education did a good job during the pandemic? Wow. Based on what evidence? All I’ve heard about is teachers going all out for their students with little support especially in states where Republicans control public education.

Democrats need to embracing teachers like Republicans embracing cops. Call out Republicans for defunding education and not keeping our schools safe from guns and COVID.

While you’re here, jhmd, can you tell me what conservatives didn’t like about that principal’s pictures with his wife?

Last edited:
jhmd doesn’t think public education did a good job during the pandemic? Wow. Based on what evidence? All I’ve heard about is teachers going all out for their students with little support especially in states where Republicans control public education.

Democrats need to embracing teachers like Republicans embracing cops. Call out Republicans for defunding education and not keeping our schools safe from guns and COVID.

While you’re here, jhmd, can you tell me what conservatives didn’t like about that principal’s pictures with his wife?

The problem with being inside a carefully constructed bubble is that you would only hear that. The public schools were among the last institution to finally reopen--while private schools and charter schools joined the rest of society and our economy opening and operating by Fall 2020 at a functional level. If you're willing to pretend that didn't happen, or that somehow parents didn't notice it, I beg your party to run on that theory. Bet big, please.

Imagine knowing someone lives in DeSantis’ public schools and thinking they live in a bubble where they don’t know about Republicans and public schools.

Willingness to expose kids to COVID doesn’t mean better schooling.

The problem with being inside a carefully constructed bubble is that you would only hear that. The public schools were among the last institution to finally reopen--while private schools and charter schools joined the rest of society and our economy opening and operating by Fall 2020 at a functional level. If you're willing to pretend that didn't happen, or that somehow parents didn't notice it, I beg your party to run on that theory. Bet big, please.

Imagine writing this, asserting that it was good policy to reopen schools and business and everything in fall of 2020, as America accrued 100,000 new cases of COVID per day last week and we’ve had nearly 700k Covid deaths 18 months after the pandemic arrived in the country. Maybe keeping things shut a little longer was a good idea, but we had an election and Donnie boy need better numbers on the ecomoney for re-election so everything but schools, which generate little economic activity, were rushed to reopen. Money over death count!

Imagine writing this, asserting that it was good policy to reopen schools and business and everything in fall of 2020, as America accrued 100,000 new cases of COVID per day last week and we’ve had nearly 700k Covid deaths 18 months after the pandemic arrived in the country. Maybe keeping things shut a little longer was a good idea, but we had an election and Donnie boy need better numbers on the ecomoney for re-election so everything but schools, which generate little economic activity, were rushed to reopen. Money over death count!

Not to mention that my kids went back to public school before my wife and I and went back into the office at our private jobs, like millions of other Americans.

But no surprise that private religious schools made bad, unscientific decisions, because God will protect them.

Imagine thinking that private schools are the real world and public schools are the bubble.

I’m happy to run on it. You have no idea what actual educators have had to deal with during the clusterfuck of the last 18 months. These problems are not on us, it’s on mealy mouth elected officials who have no idea what they’re doing. If you allowed teachers to run BOEs shit would actually get done. Correctly.

Let me put this way. I could do your job. Tomorrow. It would be easy. Your cowardly ass wouldn’t last an hour in my school. But keep taking potshots from your mediocre midlevel position in an occupation I could do in my sleep.

And to address your attempted point, I was back in school in December. Most of my “successful” friends and my wife, who all make way more money than you, are still working from home.

Last edited:
Teachers make things work with less taxpayer money. That’s what Republicans claim they do but we know they don’t.

My kids were in private school (Christian) last Spring and got shut down. They kept our money while they didn't do much to teach them. My oldest went to public kindergarten in person starting this past Fall and his teacher, principal and school made amazing efforts to give him the best experience they could. I'm a parent and i noticed the efforts my public school teacher and school made. Tell me what the pubs did to support that.
Also, fuck off.

Private schools and charter schools can shut down for whatever reason they want with little to no accountability.

I’m happy to run on it. You have no idea what actual educators have had to deal with during the clusterfuck of the last 18 months. These problems are not on us, it’s on mealy mouth elected officials who have no idea what they’re doing. If you allowed teachers to run BOEs shit would actually get done. Correctly.

Let me put this way. I could do your job. Tomorrow. It would be easy. Your cowardly ass wouldn’t last an hour in my school. But keep taking potshots from your mediocre midlevel position in an occupation I could do in my sleep.

And to address your attempted point, I was back in school in December. Most of my “successful” friends and my wife, who all make way more money than you, are still working from home.

Everything about this is precious. Equal parts flailing ignorance and baseless bravado. Delivers on every promise The Tunnels makes to its readers. 5 stars.

Everything about this is precious. Equal parts flailing ignorance and baseless bravado. Delivers on every promise The Tunnels makes to its readers. 5 stars.

I’m glad I didn’t disappoint

You can back to your sheltered Pleasantville existence now

Back