• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

That's a great ad connecting the history we need to remember to the future we want to have.

Apparently the Johnston County School Board caved to the County Commissioner's threat to withhold 10% of their budget and approved the "patriotic history" curriculum. Again, I thought the problems Republicans had with CRT didn't include simply teaching racism and teachers couldn't lose their jobs for simply teaching about it. I guess not.

George Washington and Thomas Jefferson are heroes who wanted to reform non-slavery into slavery. MLK innovated the Jim Crow era into civil rights legislation signed by LBJ.

Apparently the Johnston County School Board caved to the County Commissioner's threat to withhold 10% of their budget and approved the "patriotic history" curriculum. Again, I thought the problems Republicans had with CRT didn't include simply teaching racism and teachers couldn't lose their jobs for simply teaching about it. I guess not.

This is what it's always been about, which is what we've been telling the mouthbreathers like Sailor, JH, Anus and Junebug (before he apparently put his tail between his legs and ran away) since the beginning, which was the Trump executive order that resulted from the murders and protests in the last couple of years.

This has never been about the CRT bogeyman, it's just racist white people trying to reassert their dominance in the face of BLM and in response to those protests. It's just pure whitewashing of history. There are some idiots in my neighborhood who have "Education Not Indoctrination" signs up because they're part of the dumb riled up base, when CRT is not being taught in any of their kids' public school and they are the ones seeking to change curriculums to indoctrinate kids with lies and omissions. More evidence that Republicans are the scum of the earth.

I mean look at these fucking guys. Probably like looking in a mirror for Jh and Anus.

[h=1]Did Aliens Build the Pyramids? And Other Racist Theories[/h]
Pseudoarchaeology, conspiracy theories that ancient civilizations were founded by aliens or the denizens of Atlantis, are more than just silly—they’re dangerous.

https://www.sapiens.org/archaeology/pseudoarchaeology-racism/

As an archaeologist currently working on my doctorate, I have spent the last year examining the ways various groups, such as white nationalists, use pseudoarchaeology in their worldviews. Understanding this feels particularly important today, considering the recent increase of such groups in the United States. According to a 2019 report from the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), the number of white nationalist hate groups in the United States increased by 55 percent between 2017 and 2019.
Pseudoarchaeology comes in many shapes and forms but relies on the same core argument: People of the past did not have the knowledge, technology, and/or capability to achieve all that they are said to have accomplished, so someone or something else was involved. Ancient alien proponents will tell you Egypt’s great pyramids, for example, or Peru’s Nazca lines were really due to extraterrestrials, while hyperdiffiusionist proponents will tell you they were built by residents of Atlantis, or another “highly advanced civilization” that lived more than 13,000 years ago. Archaeologists are often accused of conspiring to hide the “truth” of these histories.
These pseudoarchaeological arguments may seem to be simply fun to entertain. But they are invariably heavily biased against Black people, Indigenous peoples, and other people of color (BIPOC), who are doubted to have been responsible for their own histories. Archaeological sites from Africa, Asia, and the Americas are often put forth as proof of external interventions, while the achievements of those who lived in ancient Greece or Italy, for example, are rarely questioned.
In other words, these arguments are often racist.

While arguments about extraterrestrial or Atlantean ancestors may seem outlandish, some people do believe in these arguments. Chapman University in California, which conducted the Survey of American Fears between 2016 and 2018, found in 2018 that 57 percent of their respondents believed that ancient advanced civilizations such as Atlantis existed (a 17 percent increase from 2016), and 41 percent believed that aliens visited the Earth in the ancient past (a 14 percent increase from 2016). These have become more than just beliefs: They’re realities for those who have embraced them.

Pseudoarchaeology is useful to white nationalism specifically because it casts doubt on the achievements of BIPOC communities, opening the doors to rewriting history through a white power lens. The SPLC has noticed this and written about connections between pseudoarchaeology and far-right ideologies such as antisemitism and white nationalism. White nationalism is a pro-white racial ideology that shares many interests with white supremacy, such as anti-immigration stances and beliefs that the interests of white people must be placed first.
White nationalists also encourage enhanced protections and rights to defend what they see as the “purity” of the white race, a pseudoscientific concept built on extremely reimagined views of history and genetic ancestry. A core belief of white nationalism is a conspiracy theory referred to as the “great replacement,” which suggests a “white genocide” is happening: that white people are nearing extinction and need to be protected.

Pseudoarchaeology contributes to the marginalization of BIPOC communities by denying their histories and instead reattributing them to mythical continents or even extraterrestrials. White nationalists use this denialism to rewrite—or rather “re-white”—history to bolster their own systems of power.
The public and the discipline must challenge pseudoarchaeology and the violent, white power structures that often use it to support their own goals. It is through these challenges that all of us can support recentering the voices of marginalized groups in telling their own histories and ensure those are the histories being heard.

A day later.

I mean look at these fucking guys. Probably like looking in a mirror for Jh and Anus.

They certainly look like the type that would be totally comfortable with America's growing diversity and with examining the uglier aspects of America's past. I believe that Smithfield, in Johnston County, actually had a billboard up for years (until the late 70s or 80s) that said "KKK Welcomes you to Smithfield - Help Fight Communism & Integration. Join & Support United Klans of America." I have a hunch that these guys don't want the younger generation to learn about Johnston County's less-than-enlightened racial policies and views over the generations.

ETA: Actually, it would be interesting to see what would happen if a Johnston County HS Social Studies teacher showed a picture of that billboard to, say, a AP US History class and asked questions about it. Under the new policy they could be fired for simply showing a bit of real Johnston County history and having students discuss it in the context of, say, the civil rights movement. Critical Thinking? Not in our county, mister!

Last edited:
This seems out of place for this topic, but just to follow-up prior points brought up on Graham re: HB2:

FA8SPQPXEAI4UVO

Not really off topic since the right is going after trans kids next.

I know he's just tweeting shit like this as part of a possible presidential run and to rile up the rubes, but how do these people (the rubes) logistically think this is supposed to work? Teachers send out the next day's lesson and the parents all vote on it?

Pompeo's tweet was likely a response to a letter from the National School Boards Association asking Biden for federal assistance over their concern of school board protests being the equivalent of domestic terrorism and hate crimes:

An Independent who votes straight ticket Dem calling pub appeal "dumb as shit".

Keep the entertainment coming.

Pompeo's tweet was likely a response to a letter from the National School Boards Association asking Biden for federal assistance over their concern of school board protests being the equivalent of domestic terrorism and hate crimes:

yeah except for all those videos of people following school board members to their cars, saying things like "we know where to find you!" peaceful, indeed. also, might wanna ask why Madison Cawthorn felt the need to bring a knife to all the school board meetings he showed up at. it's a felony, but of course none of the good ol' boy sheriffs feel the need to enforce the laws. as Cawthorn constantly likes to tweet re: mask and vaccine mandates, among other things, "Rules for thee but not for me."

Do you have a link to "all those videos"?

Just to be clear - Anyone who engages in threats, violence, or property damage should be punished per the law. No exceptions.

Quite a contrast to the "mostly peaceful" and "largely peaceful" protests of last summer cheered on by the left and an overwhelming majority of Tunnels posters which resulted in deaths and two billion dollars in property damage.

Last edited:
Back