• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bannon to be co-#2 in WH policy making

Activism doesn't just have to do with police brutality, it's about unequal policing/enforcement. It's about a lack of trust flowing in each direction between two groups. Killings, especially racially motivated killings, just make headlines. There's no PR firm that's going to heal generations of mistrust. But there are good examples in places like Dallas of community building, training, and adding resources that are worth emulating.

Keep in mind that I scored a 31 on the PBS quiz, but for me I would like to see actual legal accountability for police officers who act outside their given authority. It's not so much a race issue for me, as it is a complete frustration when police get off scot free time and time again. This applies to killing of unarmed black citizens, corrupt civil seizures, etc...

Sorry, I missed them. What are they?

Something like mandatory permanent desk duty for any officer involved in a fatal shooting and a mandate that the racial makeup of the police force mirrors that of the community it polices

Something like mandatory permanent desk duty for any officer involved in a fatal shooting and a mandate that the racial makeup of the police force mirrors that of the community it polices

I don't necessarily disagree with either one of these, but more training for police officers before they go into the line of duty would would a big help.

Also, eventually phase out guns from policing.

I don't necessarily disagree with either one of these, but more training for police officers before they go into the line of duty would would a big help.

Make them lose their jobs (in a sense) if they kill someone and they'll come up with ways to not kill people, like your last suggestion

Not a huge fan of either tbh. Though I would say we can point to incidents like Tamir Rice where at least one of the officers has a very checkered past on the force; in fact this tends to be a common denominator for really bad police shootings. Holding police accountable for their red flags, like too many abuse complaints, too many disciplinary charges, etc. seems like a better case for permanent desk duty than fatal shootings. Once somebody has been fatally shot, the gears of the legal system are already in motion to protect the officer at all costs. It typically means paid leave and then back out on the streets after charges are cleared. We've argued the merits of that system for hundreds of pages on the f is for fascism thread. I don't think administrative slaps on the wrist are enough to disincentivize shooting people. I also think there are more justified shootings than non-justified shootings by police in America, and that if you make police officers hesitate too much, they're just gonna get killed themselves. I think the better strategy is identifying bad apple cops, trying to change the incentives around so whistleblowers about bad cops aren't ostracized within departments, training officers better so they don't become bad apples, etc.

This.

How are there people opposed to this?

so you agree?

But how do you solve the causes, or what does a president or Someone put in law to appear to address the issues

Townie states the problems and gives a pie in the sky way of making things better, what specifically should be done?

But how do you solve the causes, or what does a president or Someone put in law to appear to address the issues

More preventative measures to begin with to avoid encounters that wind up with dead civilians. Basically everything Townie said.

Better preparation for police officers, meaning better training, more training, more focus on deescalation of high-stress situations, etc.

Last edited:

Townie states the problems and gives a pie in the sky way of making things better, what specifically should be done?

tracking quantifiable red flags for behavior issues is pie in the sky?

I'm glad we seemingly agree that the "War On Drugs" needs to be stopped as soon as possible. Long past overdue to re-write the laws and sentencing on those.

we can also agree that a taco truck on every corner would make america great again

Not really, I think there are better ways to get to the end goal than his ideas. I think they would work to an extent, but are addressing the symptoms instead of the causes.

simultaneously don't agree or disagree. the doofus/numbers stock produced excellent hedgers

That's not generally why we make laws.

Well it's clear we need to now. My solution is to make laws to appease those that are mad. Your solution is to end racism. Which is more feasible?

Last edited:
Dude may attempt to run the entire government by tweet from Trump Tower.

Back