• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

The A's drafted on potential. MLB teams in general fall in love with "projectability." Murray was a very raw baseball player and alot had to come together to even remotely obtain his potential.

Teams will reach for projectable prospects (see Russell Wilson, below average baseball player, crazy athletic).

Not only this, mid-market teams (the A’s aren’t even mid-market) draft players in the first round all the time that aren’t first round talents. One reason is to reach and sign a player well below slow value so they can sign other players. Another is to take a gamble on a guy they don’t think will sign or play. I think the A’s did this. They knew he probably was never going to play for them. It was a win-win. If he stays and plays, great. If he doesn’t sign, great. If he signs and leaves later, get your money back for next year, great.

de5c4ddfe026a63abdf809633620cd98.jpg

There it is.

In spite of being peeved about bailing on the OGB, I’ll cheer for the young man and brag about who trained him first
BUT also ask for a home and home match up with the Bulldogs. They owe it.

We all will.

Interesting. Cause baseball is more than that.

Sure, but that’s most of what an outfielder does while he’s on the field. If the big perk of playing OF is running and throwing, well QB has it beat.

Hitting is cool but you only get to try that maybe 4 or 5 times a game. And if you’re good, you hit the ball and get to run on the bases around 30% of the time.

Big edge to QB.

Sure, but that’s most of what an outfielder does while he’s on the field. If the big perk of playing OF is running and throwing, well QB has it beat.

Hitting is cool but you only get to try that maybe 4 or 5 times a game. And if you’re good, you hit the ball and get to run on the bases around 30% of the time.

Big edge to QB.

For you, but neither you nor I can speak for any particular athlete or even guess the percentages either way. They love what they love.

For you, but neither you nor I can speak for any particular athlete or even guess the percentages either way. They love what they love.

Sure. But we are talking about Kyler Murray.

UGA 247 forum is saying Jamie is now listed in their Student Directory and will officially announce that he's going to UGA tomorrow.

Sure, but the post I quoted spoke in generalities about outfield vs QB

In a discussion of why Kyler Murray would choose football over baseball.

In a discussion of why Kyler Murray would choose football over baseball.

Well, if you know for a fact that's why he went with football, then I stand corrected. Otherwise, you're just throwing spaghetti at a wall.

From UGA's 247 board "Grabbing gas over here in Statham, GA right now and a U-Haul just pulled in, opens the door and out walks Jamie MF’n Newman decked out head to toe in dawg gear"

Maybe this is in the 60 pages, but is there another example of a *starter* at a P5 school grad transferring to another one (without a coaching change involved)?

Baseball players rarely get CTE so that’s an bonus point for them

Back