• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Coach

If we're going to be ridiculous, I'd like a 30 yo denny Crum or a 45YO John Wooden.

I would not be surprised to see Randolph as our next coach.

Strangely enough, I'm willing to be patient and see what he does with the incoming class. This season was dead from game one.

[Redacted] isn't going to be here longer than 3-5 years whether the team is good or not. He'll bolt, like he always has.

BTW, Butler is 3-2 inlcuding a 2 point win over Gardner-Webb........

They were 3-2 at this point in '10-'11 (with a 3-point overtime loss to Evansville)...

They started 4-2 in '09-'10...

You make a stupid/irrelevant post in a thread which you obviously haven't read and then arrogantly defend it with terrible logic... i.e., you totally RJ'ed it.

If Bzzz was asked to leave, who would be your dream/ideal new coach? I would say Billy Donovan (why would he come here) and Tubby Smith.

I like the idea of using Serpentor technology to make a hybrid of Smith, K, Wooden and Jackson.

We can grow bladders, but can't match 20-year-old GI Joe technology.

Speaking of GI Joe, I wouldn't mind having The Rock as our coach (he's starring in the upcoming GI Joe movie).

Back to reality... I wish Rusty came in under a competent coach; I would have loved to have see him achieve immediate success in the college ranks and be groomed to take over the WF program.

Rusty is the exact opposite of a competent coach. If there is anybody with a more lackluster record at every level than our dear Bz, then it's Rusty. Dude hasn't been able to win as a coach at any level (lowest level private high school, DIII, or under Bz).

I'd take Brad Stevens any day (who wouldn't), but Shaka Smart might actually become available if he continues to struggle with this bunch and I'd take him regardless.

As awful as it is to back a Dookie, I'd take Jeff Capel, too. Dude got a raw deal at Oklahoma - Kelvin Sampson had a lot of dirty laundry, some of which will never come to light - but he's a good coach who can recruit and who knows how to deal with the expectations at a school like Wake.

the last thing I want to see is Chill or Rusty getting skewered by the fanbase.

Back