• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

^

i agree, the players seem to be coached this season.

First time in about 10 years we can say that. Definite improvement. Unfortunately we do not have ACC-level talent, with the possible exception of McKie.

Can't wait for the Class of '12 to arrive.

First time in about 10 years we can say that. Definite improvement. Unfortunately we do not have ACC-level talent, with the possible exception of McKie.

Can't wait for the Class of '12 to arrive.

Huh!! CJ Harris isn't an ACC level talent??? Travis McKie is only possibly ACC level?

I understand skepticism of our team right now but not including CJ, the 2nd leading scorer in the conference, as an ACC level talenisland even debating the same for McKie is just crazy talk.

Wake Forest Commit Andre Washington
Andre Washington: 6’10” 210 lbs. Center (Hargrave Military Academy, VA)

Andre is one of the six great commits Wake Forest has in the class of 2012. He plays basketball at Hargrave Military Academy post graduate school. Washington has all of the physical tools you would want in a center. He is 6'10" 210 pounds, and has all of the physical attributes to become a sucessful center at Wake Forest. He has an enormous amount of potential, and many believe he is not done growing. Once he starts performing up to his potential do not be surprised to see him jump up in the class of 2012 rankings.

513 Sports: Congratulations on your commitment to Wake Forest. What made Wake Forest a good fit for you?
Washington: Thanks. I looked at all the schools I had offers from right after my junior season. I figured those schools were the most interested in me and Wake was the best one, so I chose them plus my boys Aaron Roundtree and Codi Miller-McIntyre had already committed there.

513 Sports: You and Codi have been a solid duo at the high school level. Do you think you two can show the same kind of dominance in the ACC?
Washington: I do especially since we are getting our chemistry right now on the court in high school. Codi's my best friend, so that should make things easier.

513 Sports: How is your experience in Hargrave's post graduate basketball program going?
Washington: Great. We are 18 and 0.

513 Sports: How do you feel about the job that Coach [Redacted] has done since taking over at Wake Forest one year ago?
Washington: I think he is doing a great job building the program and building the team. The team is doing way better than last year just by staying positive through adversity. That's what a team is all about.

513 Sports: Have you set any goals for yourself at Wake Forest?
Washington: I want to start by the end of my freshman year personally. I have to put in the work though.

513 Sports: What do you need to work on to be ready to compete at the next level?
Washington: My strength for the most part and becoming quicker. Those are the main

I understand skepticism of our team right now but not including CJ, the 2nd leading scorer in the conference, as an ACC level talenisland even debating the same for McKie is just crazy talk.

Fair point, so let me clarify.

Both CJ and Travis would obviously start and see significant PT for the ACC's bottom feeders (BC, GT, Clemson).

Neither CJ nor Travis would start nor see significant minutes for the ACC's only two elite national teams, Duke and UNC (and the fact there are only two says a lot about how the ACC has fallen).

They would both see significant minutes for the middle tier of UVA, Miami and Va Tech, with Travis likely to start for at least one of those.

No one else on the roster would see significant minutes anywhere but the aforementioned bottom feeders. So the point I was making is that Bzz has actually done a fairly creditable job of coaching up this team, but the talent is just not there to rise above the bottom tier of a fairly weak ACC. Again, I cannot wait for the Class of '12 to get here.

It was a short lived Holiday Invitational for Greenfield and Aaron Rountree in Raleigh. 2 games, 2 loses, and out of the tournament. Rountree was held to 1 point in the elimination game.

Fair point, so let me clarify.

Both CJ and Travis would obviously start and see significant PT for the ACC's bottom feeders (BC, GT, Clemson).

Neither CJ nor Travis would start nor see significant minutes for the ACC's only two elite national teams, Duke and UNC (and the fact there are only two says a lot about how the ACC has fallen).

They would both see significant minutes for the middle tier of UVA, Miami and Va Tech, with Travis likely to start for at least one of those.

No one else on the roster would see significant minutes anywhere but the aforementioned bottom feeders. So the point I was making is that Bzz has actually done a fairly creditable job of coaching up this team, but the talent is just not there to rise above the bottom tier of a fairly weak ACC. Again, I cannot wait for the Class of '12 to get here.

You're going to look like an idiot when they're both all-ACC.

ETA: Hopefully... (but both could definitely start for most mid-tier teams and both would also see significant minutes for Duke or UNC, and I think one of them might start for either team, especially Duke)

Last edited:
How many SFs in the country would start over Harroison Barnes? I believe that number is ZERO. Using that as a measuring stick shows a willingness to seek out a way to put our team down.

Duke is a weird situation as K likes to play three guards and two post players.

As to the other seven teams, Travis would ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY start for the other seven.

BTW ESPN has him as the 17th best SF in the country. there are several ahead of him I might contest.

I've also been consistently amused by the posts here over the past month about this team's lack of a 1st rounder. I've seen more than one 2013 mock that has McKie as a mid-1st round pick. It's not at all out of the question.

But, this is mostly off-topic. The problem with the team is depth, and next year's class should provide that, hopefully along with one or two impact players.

Andre is one of the six great commits Wake Forest has in the class of 2012. He plays basketball at Hargrave Military Academy post graduate school. Washington has all of the physical tools you would want in a center. He is 6'10" 210 pounds, and has all of the physical attributes to become a sucessful center at Wake Forest. He has an enormous amount of potential, and many believe he is not done growing. Once he starts performing up to his potential do not be surprised to see him jump up in the class of 2012 rankings.

513 Sports: Congratulations on your commitment to Wake Forest. What made Wake Forest a good fit for you?
Washington: Thanks. I looked at all the schools I had offers from right after my junior season. I figured those schools were the most interested in me and Wake was the best one, so I chose them plus my boys Aaron Roundtree and Codi Miller-McIntyre had already committed there.

513 Sports: You and Codi have been a solid duo at the high school level. Do you think you two can show the same kind of dominance in the ACC?
Washington: I do especially since we are getting our chemistry right now on the court in high school. Codi's my best friend, so that should make things easier.

513 Sports: How is your experience in Hargrave's post graduate basketball program going?

513 Sports: How do you feel about the job that Coach [Redacted] has done since taking over at Wake Forest one year ago?
Washington: I think he is doing a great job building the program and building the team. The team is doing way better than last year just by staying positive through adversity. That's what a team is all about.

Washington: I want to start by the end of my freshman year personally. I have to put in the work though.

513 Sports: What do you need to work on to be ready to compete at the next level?
Washington: My strength for the most part and becoming quicker. Those are the main

:)

This is a beautiful thing. Sounds like a stellar recruit, especially since he's got chemistry with some of the incoming class.

good find....his note at the top disqualifies Andre doesn't it? Isn't he in his fifth year?

I expect CMM and Thomas to climb in a lot of scouting rankings this year.

I know Rountree did little in the big Holiday tournament but I have see no discussion of it...? Did anyone attend? How did he look? Overmatched? Or did other teams focus on stopping him? Maybe his team was overmatched making it difficult for him? Or what?

He got offers from Texas, UConn, and Memphis, but went to Seton Hall?

Will he qualify?

He has Europe or And 1 written all over him.

Back