• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

This is not good for the culture:

Zayd Issah’s 17 points paced CD (8-1, 4-1), which played without talented 6-9 senior Devin Thomas. The Wake Forest signee was serving a one-game suspension after drawing two technical fouls — and an ejection — during Wednesday night’s 57-51 victory over CD East.

Without knowing what happened, that statement is without merit.

Looks like rj was right, culture in tact!

The Rams will be without Wake Forest signee Devin Thomas after the 6-9 senior picked up two technical fouls in Wednesday's win over CD East. I've been hobbled and off the coverage path since last Friday, but I caught most of this on TV (but somehow missed the technicals). I asked if they were earned, as the Twitter Talk indicated CD and Thomas were robbed. Neutral party said first 'T' was legit because Thomas hung on the rim after a dunk, with no danger lurking underneath. But the second? Fishy. Apparently Thomas tossed a ball to a referee after a score -- not in an agressive way, my observer tells me -- and somewhere, somehow that's an automatic technical??? Maybe that's a real rule, but I've never heard it. I want an explanation.

Also, I hope Bz lets him keep the headband.

Last edited:
10413990-standard.jpg

We need an additional PG recruit sometime in the next two classes.

This is no great revelation, I know. But it is worth reiterating.

It seems like the staff has been busy. I count five offers and some legitimate mutual interest. Scout/ESPN has us listed for the following prospects:

PG: Josh Newkirk (4*/92), Jarius Lyles (3.5*/91), and DJ Brooks (NR/NR)

SG: Sindarius Thornwell (4*/95 - OFFERED), Davon Reed (4*/93 - OFFERED) Sanford Robinson (3.5*/90 - OFFERED), and BJ Gladden (3*/NR - OFFERED)

SF: Greg McClinton (4*/96 - OFFERED), Tony Farmer (4*/93), and Jordan Scott (3*/90)

PF: Mike Young (3.5*/92) and Alex Foster (3*/91)

C: Kennedy Meeks (4*/96 - OFFERED) and Kyle Washington (3.5*/94)

We haven't offered any PGs, but we're recruiting for the position..

CMM and Andre are playing in Kentucky this weekend. Big game at Rupp tomorrow.

Back