• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

McCarter had to go to VCU due to low ACT scores. He really wanted to commit to Dino as I remember and we wanted him as well. If he has his grades in order now that would be a great guy to go after.

Pretty sad when we'd look at a guy from VCU who's transferring for more playing time. :(

I just saw this:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/18109274/mississippi-states-moultrie-plans-to-enter-nba-draft

Arnett Moultrie is by far the best player on that transfer list if he decides to play his graduate year. Eligible immediately. Inside-outside, double-double machine. Sign me up.

I can't see why he wouldn't get drafted. He's a beast.

If he's available, we should make him our #1 target using [Redacted]'s NBA ties.

If he's available, we should make him our #1 target using [Redacted]'s NBA ties.

100% agree, but i am not sure why he would not go to the NBA

Are his NBA ties better than his college ties...ziiiiiiing. Had to, sorry. Carry on.

Is Reco McCarter really transferring because of playing time? I know we wanted him under Dino, but that might be a red flag.

Yeah, why would we want McCarter, he sucks. The only reason people were clamoring for him back in the day was because of catudeac was friends with him so he'd post articles about him every day. He was never good enough to come to Wake, even ignoring his academic issues.

Yeah, why would we want McCarter, he sucks. The only reason people were clamoring for him back in the day was because of catudeac was friends with him so he'd post articles about him every day. He was never good enough to come to Wake, even ignoring his academic issues.

One of those jokers said he was going to be the next LeBron James. I kid you not.

The accuracy of predicting success for Wake commits and Wake prospects from the Wake "insiders" has always been pretty spotty. Anthony Gurley was supposed to be as good or better than Ellington/Henderson in his class. Reco McCarter was supposed to be great, but he can't get off the bench at VCU. Kevin Swinton... :plos:

Hopefully, the Carolina mass exodus does not mean than ole Roy will start to recruit McClinton. That would be ungood.

agreed...not sure why we don't bring in Mac.

makes no sense to me.

The accuracy of predicting success for Wake commits and Wake prospects from the Wake "insiders" has always been pretty spotty. Anthony Gurley was supposed to be as good or better than Ellington/Henderson in his class. Reco McCarter was supposed to be great, but he can't get off the bench at VCU. Kevin Swinton... :plos:

I will say, in defense of DemanDeac, he did express reservations about both Tony Chennault and Ty Walker.

Our recruits rarely out-play there billing. For every Jeff Teague and James Johnson we have had our fair share of lame ducks....Lepore, Gurley, Swinton, Skeen, Hale, etc...

I guess we make up for it with our football recruits, who routinely play above 2* and 3* star level.....

I would throw CJ in as another guy who has been better than we thought... he would have been really valuable on a good team.

Back