• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

UNC and Duke are not going to be as terrible as I want them to be next season.
Carolina will definitely drop off with losing their top three players and not bringing in a class on the same level as the lawson/ellington class or the felton/may/mccants class. Duke will just trade out miles plumlee with marshall plumlee, who has a higher ceiling i believe, and will probably do the same thing they did this year.

Mason Plumlee likely back at Puke, M.Parker leaving Md.

What a huge bust. Was a 4*, higher rated than Stoglin, Howard, and Pankey.

Interesting how it unfolded too:

“Recently, I met with Coach [Mark] Turgeon and he informed me that I should probably start looking at other options as he expected my opportunities on the court at Maryland to decrease due to his incoming recruits,” Parker wrote in the statement. “Up until this meeting, it was my intention to continue to work hard and graduate from Maryland. … Unfortunately, after many sleepless and prayerful nights, I came to the realization that it may be in my best interest to continue my education and career at another institution. In the end, it's best to be where you are wanted and needed the most.”

The two USC lads that are from NC will be on the market soon, A.Gill and D.Harris as transfers. Getting one or even both of that duo would really help our frontcourt.

Back in 2002, we gave USC a coach with no ability to create an inbounds play for a 3 star transfer to be named later. :)

Turgeon sounds like a fucko in that quote. Hopefully it was a more constructive meeting than it sounds.

Carolina will definitely drop off with losing their top three players and not bringing in a class on the same level as the lawson/ellington class or the felton/may/mccants class. Duke will just trade out miles plumlee with marshall plumlee, who has a higher ceiling i believe, and will probably do the same thing they did this year.

yeah except the one guy that Duke had that was hard to guard is off to the NBA

If you remember, Parker was rated about as highly or higher than Travis in HS.

This is true, but Quinn Cook gets a year older and I think the McDAA kid they got this year is going to be a stud.

I'm a big fan of Sulaimon and I think he's going to be a hit from day one. I don't know if he's going to give them another Austin Rivers, though. I'm inclined to say that it won't happen.

Duke is going to be easier to defend next year, for sure, though. Their backcourt is tiny and not particularly athletic. Sulaimon will be the best shot creator from day one by about a mile. Their frontcourt will be a problem again, but it's a significantly less difficult team to scout in 2012-13 vs. in 2011-12.

I'm a big fan of Sulaimon and I think he's going to be a hit from day one. I don't know if he's going to give them another Austin Rivers, though. I'm inclined to say that it won't happen.

Duke is going to be easier to defend next year, for sure, though. Their backcourt is tiny and not particularly athletic. Sulaimon will be the best shot creator from day one by about a mile. Their frontcourt will be a problem again, but it's a significantly less difficult team to scout in 2012-13 vs. in 2011-12.
Agreed on all this, I'm just saying I think a combination of players will make up for the production lost from Rivers

Tenn post-grad Renaldo Woolridge is listing us along with several others. Wasn't very productive at UT, but is 6'9" and I'm sure more ready for the ACC than some of our other options.

Tenn post-grad Renaldo Woolridge is listing us along with several others. Wasn't very productive at UT, but is 6'9" and I'm sure more ready for the ACC than some of our other options.

Swiperboy is about as ready to play in the post as Daniel and Andre were...last season.

I can't imagine anyone from UT fitting in with the culture at Wake, sans Skylar McBee

Okay it looks like Anthony Gill got his release with UNC over UVa as the early favorites with NCState, Wake showing strong interest. Maybe we will be better positioned with D. Harris because we recruited him before and have a wide open center position available.

Ohio State and Georgia Tech are also looking at Gill, according to the twitterverse. Have to consider him a longshot at this point.

Harris fits what we need really well.. no idea how to handicap that one though.

Isn't Gill a SF? That's the last thing we need.

Maybe Woolridge will start channeling his dad for his contract year.

Back