• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

It looks like our guys' team should win.

The other game has a ton of national talent. It looks like the players chose this game over others. I think there's a limit on how many you can play.

ESPNU has updated theit 2012 rankings and Cmm is 79th and that is it for us. Our class seems overhyped if Telep et al is right about their talent level.

The same Dave Telep who ranked Ari Stewart and Carson Desrosiers as the #43 and #41 OVERALL players in their respective classes?

I agree... If you eliminate dribbling, decision making, defending, speed, and basketball IQ from the potential equation.

Or were you referring to another world other than Earth?

Last edited:
Here's another question- If they are declared ineligible will Austin do a Brandon Jennings?

I agree... If you eliminate dribbling, decision making, defending, speed, and basketball IQ from the potential equation.

Or were you referring to another world other than Earth?

I agree he lacked a lot of the skills that makes a basketball player a good basketball player. But he had all the athletic ability and physical tools to be a great player. If he had simply put in some work, he could have been a good defender, ball handler, etc. He just refused to work at it. Out of high school, potential was there, though.

I miss when the Colonel is not around. Whichever guru that updates their rankings lists usually garners a reaction good or bad depending on how our recruits are rated. D.Telep is one of the best around but you can find plenty of examples where he and the other ones have missed the boat.

I agree he lacked a lot of the skills that makes a basketball player a good basketball player. But he had all the athletic ability and physical tools to be a great player. If he had simply put in some work, he could have been a good defender, ball handler, etc. He just refused to work at it. Out of high school, potential was there, though.

He was effective as a rookie for us. Let's see how he fares in a new environment.

He could get suspended for a least a semester. Remember it happened in AZ not CA. Plus I'll be stunned if their coach is back after this season.

I think they said he has already been disciplined.

And if he hasn't already been fired, it ain't going to happen.

Back