• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

O'Neill has to make a huge jump next year not to be fired. He loses too much and no one likes him at all. He makes [Redacted] look like Cee Lo Green regarding personality.

He's on the hot seat, no doubt, but is safe for next year. Ari will probably miss a game.

Anthony Gill to visit UVA with UNC interested. Wake doesn't seem to be a consideration

I had no idea of his situation, was just curious that ESPN would think a 4* SG would sign with Wake out of nowhere

Reggie Rankin is the analyst that picked Wake. Probably a mistake.

15hgbi8.jpg

O'Neill has to make a huge jump next year not to be fired. He loses too much and no one likes him at all. He makes [Redacted] look like Cee Lo Green regarding personality.

Had dinner with O'Neill a number of years ago. He struck me as extremely focused on basketball and understood the commitment it took and recognized the strain it placed on his family. He was interesting and informative to talk to.

Word is Graham is going to prep school. If he gets his grades in order and stays at prep school, I expect him to go to State

That would be quite hilar for the culture change argument if Graham couldn't get into State but Wake made an exception for him

The culture change argument went out the window for me when Anthony Fields got the boot.

Anthony Fields did not "get the boot". He was not "encouraged" to leave. He left of his own accord and was welcome to come back next year.

When you play walkons in front of scholarship players, they get the message. His wrist was healthy enough to play over Ingle is garbage time.

When you play walkons in front of scholarship players, they get the message. His wrist was healthy enough to play over Ingle is garbage time.

What was DV7 saying about "fragile psyches"? I hope Fields can find a program that fits him, and a better motivator at HC.

Anthony Fields did not "get the boot". He was not "encouraged" to leave. He left of his own accord and was welcome to come back next year.

I find it difficult to believe that a 2*, All-Academic team player would leave Wake Forest without being encouraged to leave. This wasn't a Shamaine Dukes situation. Furthermore, the fact that a healthy Fields couldn't get on the court over Ingle while Walker was welcomed back onto the team as a starter really speaks to the kind of culture that [Redacted] values.

Back