• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Seems like typical high school girl problems for the most part, although he has seemed to have a somewhat of a hard time adjusting to Hargrave. Same goes for Andre. To be expected.

Last edited:
Seems like typical high school girl problems for the most part, although he has seemed to have a somewhat of a hard time adjusting to Hargrave. Same goes for Andre. To be expected.

I agree with you, FYC. I'm guessing that it looks like a lot now due to the nature of social media, how accessible it is to everybody, and how many athletes utilize it...

Jeff Goodman

Andrew White has set up three official visits, but that doesn't mean those are his three leaders.

The Miller School (Va.) senior wing, whose stock soared as much as just about anyone's this past summer, will visit Kansas (9-23), Texas (9-30) and Louisville (10-14), according to coach Scott Willard.

"Andrew is still wide open," Willard told CBSSports.com.

White has already taken a bunch of unofficial visits to the likes of Virginia Tech, N.C. State, West Virginia, Cincinnati and George Mason. Therefore, he may not take official visits to those schools.

Bob Huggins and Seth Greenberg will both be at Miller School Friday, the first day coaches are allowed to go back on the road recruiting. Willard said that Mark Gottfried and Paul Hewitt will visit on Sunday and that Rick Barnes (Tuesday), Jeff [Redacted] (Wednesday) and Oliver Purnell (Monday) are all scheduled to stop by.

White checks in at No. 49 in CBSSports.com's latest rankings.

We don't seem to be in a good place with White or am I missing something.

It's pretty standard for a guy with a huge offer list to use his officials on the far-away places (i.e Kansas, Texas) since he can visit closer schools unofficially pretty easily (NCSt, WVU, etc).

If we weren't 'in it', I don't think Buzz would be spending a day at the Miller School.

I'm not saying we have a good shot, but I do think White is still fairly wide open, so we do have a shot.

I feel less good about White every day. This guy played his cards right and now will commit to one of the big boys. Good for him.

That makes sense. Wake is 2500 miles from home and we just got a commitment form someone playing his position.

Maybe Ari will put in a good word for us. Feel better about Mashall Wood. Ithink he will be a player.

We just cannot catch a break. I read this on Twitter the other day and thought I was dreaming or something. Of course, we lose one of our most talented players on a team that lost 20+ games last year. Of course! If we do lose CMM, I expect this forum will explode.

Minor ESPN tweak to their class rankings the other day leaves us in 18th. Maryland is 9th, UVA 10th, UNC 12th, and dook 17th, with GT (27th?), Clemson (28), and F$U (34) on the cusp. Guessing at their rankings, because it's not entirely clear if they're in order.

Anybody know anything about Charles Buggs. Apparently we are expressing interest in him. He is a 6'8" F who plays at hargrave but I can't find anything on him except some thing a baylor forum.

Back