• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Maybe Jank realized that he is not our top priority. Hopefully the same thing happens with White and Kansas.

yeah, i have hear about him being soft and such but i have not seen him play. i like the mismatch potential with a 6'11" SF/PF that may be able to play C and take his man out the the 3pt line and let our SFs and PFs fight for the rebound. what i haven't heard about is his speed...makes a big difference.

i know we are looking for a banger but we are not really in the position to pick and choose...he seems like a Bzzz type of player!

Adam Woodbury just committed to Iowa. Not that this is a surprise in the least, but whatever. There you have it.

We were never in it with him. He was always staying in the Midwest.

T.Cavanaugh will take an official to ND this weekend and Wake the following weekeND.

I don't see why we are the least bit interested in this guy.

So I guess we are still working hard for Jank. Watched him work out today and had our in-home visit.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. I think we are to the point where we need talent on the team, period. He may not end up reaching his potential, but the ceiling is very high and we need to gamble a bit if we want to get back to where we want to be anytime soon.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. I think we are to the point where we need talent on the team, period. He may not end up reaching his potential, but the ceiling is very high and we need to gamble a bit if we want to get back to where we want to be anytime soon.

i would agree with this...i would like to have Jank on the team! he is going to be so hard to guard on the outside!

rj, I went back and rewatched the Zena 9/3 video and he said he was visiting Wake this weekend. Something must have changed.

Also, Andy Katz has a very unhappy article up at ESPN on Wake. I guess no one told him he wasn't supposed to keep saying that Ron and Coach Bz are good friends. That is against official AD policy.

Adam Woodbury just committed to Iowa. Not that this is a surprise in the least, but whatever. There you have it.

Jumps Iowa past us in the ESPN rankings. Down to 22nd overall, with Houston, Okie State, and ATM also passing us.

Note: Rightly or wrongly, ESPN doesn't have Thomas included among our commits. I saw Penn State took a commit from PF Brandon Taylor, so I don't think Thomas has too many other options, but not sure of his status.

Has that graphic/chart been updated recently?

With a Devin Thomas commitment, Wake stands at:

2012:

Commits:
PG - Codi Miller-McIntyre
SF - Aaron Rountree
PF - Devin Thomas
C - Andre Washington

Prospects:
SF - Arnaud Moto
SG- Andrew White
PF - Stefan Jankovic
PF - Zena Edosomwan

What is the deal with the following prospects? We're listed on Scout.com, but I haven't heard anything.
PF - Amile Jefferson, SG- Torian Graham, and SF - Twymond Howard.

Also, is there any early indication where we stand with any of these 2013-2014 prospects?

2013:

PF - Julius Randle
SF - Greg McClinton
SG - Anton Gill
PG - Josh Newkirk
SF - Tony Farmer
SG - Jairus Lyles
PG - Aquille Carr

2014:

SF - Theo Pinson

Thanks!

Yea I'll update the first post soon. I was hoping we'd get some definitive word on Devin Thomas, but it hasn't happened. I'll put him in there for now though I guess.

Has that graphic/chart been updated recently?

With a Devin Thomas commitment, Wake stands at:

2012:

Commits:
PG - Codi Miller-McIntyre
SF - Aaron Rountree
PF - Devin Thomas
C - Andre Washington

Prospects:
SF - Arnaud Moto
SG- Andrew White
PF - Stefan Jankovic
PF - Zena Edosomwan

What is the deal with the following prospects? We're listed on Scout.com, but I haven't heard anything.
PF - Amile Jefferson, SG- Torian Graham, and SF - Twymond Howard.

Also, is there any early indication where we stand with any of these 2013-2014 prospects?

2013:

PF - Julius Randle
SF - Greg McClinton
SG - Anton Gill
PG - Josh Newkirk
SF - Tony Farmer
SG - Jairus Lyles
PG - Aquille Carr

2014:

SF - Theo Pinson

Thanks!

i would love to land another SF/PF type so we could utilize Rountree at SG more to take advantage of his height and handle. heck...i would be happy with any of the above!

-Re-added Ty
-Added Devin Thomas
-Removed JT Terrell :)tear)

sd1ydi.jpg

Why do I have a feeling Theo Pinson will end up wearing some type of blue.

Back