• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball recruiting update 3/24

This thread was deliberately 2 stars because the board itself only encourages threads that are savvy, intelligent, and who have matured later than other threads. This is because the board's hosting platform is complex and thus is concerned about more highly touted threads not fitting into the overall scheme.

Fantastic. Can't rep it unfortunately. :(

1) UNC is claiming they never wanted this thread.

2) However, if they do claim it, it will immediately move to 5 stars.

Speaking of UNC. They just received a verbal from 5'11" Wilmington Hoggard PG Stilman White. According to the article from the Star News, White is Mormon. He will play one season for the Heels before taking a two-year mission before returning to school.

http://www.highschoolot.com/content/blogpost/9353215/

Get a fucking big man for next year Bz!

-I know its easier said than done, but it has been obvious for 8 months that we needed to bring in a big man next year.

So you could say we're a strong Katenda for his services.

Not to engage in a game of horseshoes or to throw a hand grenade, but it is encouraging to see a highly recruited player move us to the top of his list after a visit even if we know he may change his mind.

From what I've heard about Notre Dame, though, I can see a kid saying "screw that, I'm going to Wake".

Not to engage in a game of horseshoes or to throw a hand grenade, but it is encouraging to see a highly recruited player move us to the top of his list after a visit even if we know he may change his mind.

From what I've heard about Notre Dame, though, I can see a kid saying "screw that, I'm going to Wake".

Just depends on what he is looking for really. We are fairly similar schools in a lot of ways though.

It is very good that we are getting 4 stars to visit and put us to the top of their list, even if we do not pull this one in.

Just depends on what he is looking for really. We are fairly similar schools in a lot of ways though.

It is very good that BUZZ IS getting 4 stars to visit and put us to the top of their list, even if we do not pull this one in.

FIFY

We, as in Wake Forest, have been doing that for some time now.

If it's between us and ND, and he really wants to play right away, he's got to pick us.

LOL...well played.

Just moved over here. I'll reiterate what I said over there. I'm becoming pretty impressed with Bz's recruits. I think in general they are better than the normal Odom recruit, and I think a few have huge upsides. With equivalent coaching and some luck, we should be in great shape. I expect us to rebound back into the middle of the ACC pack much sooner than people think.

Well yeah, but he is the head coach of Wake Forest...we aren't 2 separate entities imo.

Overall it is a positive that Katenda has us as his #1 now, obviously. I just don't like that expectations have been lowered to think that Wake getting visits from 4 stars is a new thing here.

That's how I read your post, might have been reading too much into it, however.

If it's between us and ND, and he really wants to play right away, he's got to pick us.

Is there an article out there where he lists what things he is looking for most? IE; playing time, academics, class size, etc etc

Is there an article out there where he lists what things he is looking for most? IE; playing time, academics, class size, etc etc

What ultimately goes into your decision? First of all, I have to get along with the coaches. I have to feel comfortable talking to the coaches. I don’t want to go to a school where the coach is known but I don’t like him. Second, I don’t want to go to a school where the coaches think I’m a four, because that’s not what I am. I still have to look at a lot of things. I’m not trying to rush right now.

From this article: http://www.umhoops.com/2010/08/09/qa-2011-wing-eric-katenda/

A bit outdated, but still should give a better idea.

IAI with the logical, reasoned approach.

Now if we could only get 18 year old basketball players to make decisions the same way :thumbsup:

What ultimately goes into your decision? First of all, I have to get along with the coaches. I have to feel comfortable talking to the coaches. I don’t want to go to a school where the coach is known but I don’t like him. Second, I don’t want to go to a school where the coaches think I’m a four, because that’s not what I am. I still have to look at a lot of things. I’m not trying to rush right now.

From this article: http://www.umhoops.com/2010/08/09/qa-2011-wing-eric-katenda/

A bit outdated, but still should give a better idea.

This made me LOL for some reason. Wonder what Bz is telling him. We really don't need a 3...

Back