• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball recruiting update - 4/16/11

I wonder how much of this is Bzz and how much is Battle. We've had a pretty good eye for talent going back to the Skip days and have usually gotten in with good players before they've blown up. I'm really starting to gain confidence in Bzz's recruiting, so hopefully he can keep it up!

That report on Washington sounds way to similar to T. Walker a few years back. I'm not at all saying that he will turn out like Walker, but man- the strengths listed for Washington remind me a lot of what I heard about Walker.

That report on Washington sounds way to similar to T. Walker a few years back. I'm not at all saying that he will turn out like Walker, but man- the strengths listed for Washington remind me a lot of what I heard about Walker.

And Ty Walker was a top 40 prospect.

We'd take a Ty Walker-type prospect every single time. Just because Ty himself didn't pan out doesn't mean that every single similar prospect won't.

Exactly what I thought. ESPN could have recycled the report and just switched the name for how similar they are.

Agree with y'all on the Ty/Washington comparison. /facepalm/

Also hurts to see Tyler Lewis on that ESPN writeup.

Bzzz is a genius!

That article sends conflicting messages though.

Yeah, he found Washington, but at the same time he basically ignored Tyler Lewis even though PG was our biggest need.

Agree with y'all on the Ty/Washington comparison. /facepalm/

Also hurts to see Tyler Lewis on that ESPN writeup.

I would gladly take CMM over Lewis.

Much, much higher ceiling...literally & figuratively.

I would gladly take CMM over Lewis.

Much, much higher ceiling...literally & figuratively.

Actually, I think I would to. I was thinking Lewis was class of 2011. My mistake.

Actually, I think I would to. I was thinking Lewis was class of 2011. My mistake.

So far, I prefer CMM as well. Jury's still out though. Watching them go head to head over their 4 years in school should make for some fun message board material.

Washington seems to have better "intangibles" than Ty. Watching his recent video interview will tell you that.

All of Ty's problem are in his head. I don't mind seeing someone with the same physical attributes.

yeah there are a lot of "realists" who will find any reason to be down on recruits or find parallels to other failures in the pursuit of their goal of being right.

Good news:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/130262/codi-miller-mcintyre

ESPN now says CMM is a top 100 player, and that's before the AAU season really gets going.

To be honest, it reads like rj wrote it, complete with a spelling mistake and addressing the player directly.

haha love it.

Back