• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball recruiting update - 4/16/11

And Vidaurreta turned 21 his freshman year, which is why de Thaey (or another Euro) - rather than holding the scholly - could be an ok option based on physical maturity alone, if we miss on Katenda.

We'll have Walker, Tabb, Carson and Green next year as bigs. Maybe you throw Nikita in there as well. I'd love to get Katenda but if we miss on him I wouldn't be overly disappointed if we held that last scholarship for 2012.

We'll have Walker, Tabb, Carson and Green next year as bigs. Maybe you throw Nikita in there as well. I'd love to get Katenda but if we miss on him I wouldn't be overly disappointed if we held that last scholarship for 2012.

Given that array of bigs, I'd be very disappointed to miss on Katenda.

This is where I am right now. If a 2011 isn't going to be an impact player the first year (even if just by bulk/rebounding ability) I think we're better off saving it with the 2012 targets we have.

I can understand why some would want to wait until 2012 if we can't get Katenda or somebody similar but I have a question for you. Would you then accept another absolutely terrible year and give Bz a partial pass for the terrible year? The reality is that unless we get ANY form of a post presence/rebounder we are gonna be up shit creek without a paddle for a second straight year. I know we all want the ship to go to the best person it can but I just don't see how we can wait until 2012 to get a big man. even another undersized PF and/or C would help by simply adding another body for practice and in case of fatigue/fouls/illness/injury. we have next to no bulk now and can use any warm body that is even willing to fight for the ball in the painted area.

If there isn't somebody really good, we shouldn't take anyone as we would be out of scholarships for next year.

We're in good shape with some people next who are better than what we may have to take this late in a very weak 2011 class.

I wouldn't take anyone other than Lekan or Katenda.

I can understand why some would want to wait until 2012 if we can't get Katenda or somebody similar but I have a question for you. Would you then accept another absolutely terrible year and give Bz a partial pass for the terrible year? The reality is that unless we get ANY form of a post presence/rebounder we are gonna be up shit creek without a paddle for a second straight year. I know we all want the ship to go to the best person it can but I just don't see how we can wait until 2012 to get a big man. even another undersized PF and/or C would help by simply adding another body for practice and in case of fatigue/fouls/illness/injury. we have next to no bulk now and can use any warm body that is even willing to fight for the ball in the painted area.

It's 2:04 AM -- Anyone left at the bar probably isn't worth taking home.

Another big or not we are going to have another terrible year. Hopefully it won't be a kick in the nuts twice a week like last season, but things are still going to be tough. I would rather not sacrifice the future for marginal improvement in a season that isn't going to really matter. Katenda, Lekan, or bust.

I don't mean this like "great, we never needed him", but I for one am glad this saga is over and am not sure we were a great fit for him/or him us due to what I heard about his academics (or if he even could have come here).

I would have been worried about all the transfer rumors each year if he came here.

No Katenda=no scholarship for this year. Next year is much beter anyway.

If we only have scholarship for next year, we could target 2-4 guyts and talk to anyone else. With all the bigs next year, we should be able to get another.

What is the word on the QEA head coach anyway? Someone this weekend told me he is a felon for armed robbery.

Back