• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

basketball season tix sales

I'm so glad we've 'changed the culture' of WF Basketball. :(

In less than a year and a half Wellman has taken a devoted and loyal fan base and turned us all away. Great move!

An obvious issue with our fan base's inability to put socks on correctly.

I dont even want to start to hear Dick Vitale's annoying comments about our state of hoops when we're down by 30+ to GT.

Got my renewal application in the mail today. Money's too tight to give that kind of money for the product we've been getting. Entire envelope went into the trash.

Let me translate for those who are slow: "I'm a better fan/person than you."

When I was younger I concerned myself with trying to be the best fan I could possibly be. Now that I have kids and both money and time are tight, I try to avoid spending my entertainment dollars (and time) on things that are not entertaining. I hope to be interested in Wake hoops sometime in the near future!

When I was younger I concerned myself with trying to be the best fan I could possibly be. Now that I have kids and both money and time are tight, I try to avoid spending my entertainment dollars (and time) on things that are not entertaining. I hope to be interested in Wake hoops sometime in the near future!

Amen, brother. I buy season tickets to the football games because certain tickets remain relatively affordable and we have a great home schedule. And tailgating is part of the entertainment value. I will go to a few hoops games here and there, but it's hard to justify those ticket costs with the product on the floor and difficulty making it to many/most of the games with kids' activities. Those weekday games v. the UNCGs of the world aint that attractive.

Last edited:
This kind of thread is great (free) market research for the Athletic Department. Someone should definitely link them to this thread.

Gives an accurate status of the biggest Wake fans.

I did not make it to a single game last year for the first time in more than 30 years, with the streak starting when I was 8 years old. Part of the reason is that I live out of state and have two small children now so free time is tight, but mainly because I had little desire to drive all that way to see such a crappy team. I do hope to get to a game or two this year, but I could easily see another year without a hoop game in my future.

I had season tickets and attended the stetson game and then HPU. Our tickets should come with a health warning. After many decades not going to torture myself anymore.

Amen, brother. I buy season tickets to the football games because certain tickets remain relatively affordable and we have a great home schedule. And tailgating is part of the entertainment value. I will go to a few hoops games here and there, but it's hard to justify those ticket costs with the product on the floor and difficulty making it to many/most of the games with kids' activities. Those weekday games v. the UNCGs of the world aint that attractive.

Agree with both of these. I live in the D.C. area and bball tix just don't make sense. There is usually like one or two weekend home conference games. It's silly. Wake football, on the other hand, is great for making a Winston weekend trip. I can't say what I great time I had for the State game.

Back