• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Battle For Coach Or Clean House?

djev336

Reaction score
If Jeff Battle was offered the Wake Head Coaching job, would he take it? For the record, I personally do not know too much about Battle other than he is said to be a good recruiter. Or is it time to clean house and push the reset button on the entire coaching staff? All of the transfer rumors have shed a lot of light on what may be going on behind the scenes. Good coaches can keep their best players. If good players that are projected to be playing a lot leave, that falls directly on buzz and the coaching staff and a fresh start seems realistic.

This is getting very interesting. If Bz goes then what happens with the coaching staff? With the rise of the mid-majors, who would even want to touch this job?

As I think about this, it looks like Wake is going to be bad for a while. At this point, all I can hope for is a coach to come in and get players that can play, and then get them to stay. My how far Wake BBall has fallen. SMH.. :rulz: I'm sure that it has been covered, but someone is going to have to come in and clean this mess up now. Wes Miller has close ties to the University and is maturing down the road in Greensboro. Does RW let Bz. finish out his deal next year and then go after Wes? I can't imagine that Wes Miller wouldn't take the job and the hire would be a bad one. What he did with UNC-G was quite impressive. I personally know the players at G and it is true that a major culture change for the program happened when Wes took over. The players started to play hard and came together as a team. The body language of the players changed and the results came. The SoCon only had 1 really good team (Davidson) and 1 really bad team (Citadel), but any team could beat any team in that league. The comparison of who UNCG was playing and the records the teams it played make it hard to quantify how good the wins were, but what did happen is Wes led his players and changed the way G played. I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't be able to do that at Wake.

I mean it now. We need an effin' 500 post limit!

Why? This is a good point. Buzz is clearly not going to get his contract extended and quite possibly may resign. What do we all think is going to happen at the coaching positions? Who wants this job? Who would take this job? Does Wake clean house and change the whole regime? One of the positives of the Bz hire was that Wake could keep the same coaching staff besides the head coach. It seemed logical at the time, but now, not so much. Wes Miller has a really good coaching staff with him already. Do remember that the coaching staff he was on was able to pull in Trevis Simpson. Trevis would definitely be starting for over half of the ACC schools.

Because every thread you've started has sucked. I at 1st thought you were a parody. But sadly, I don't think you are. We're discussing all of this on the other thread and don't need a 2nd thread on it, especially if the info we're getting turns out not to be true (which I seriously doubt).

Why? This is a good point. Buzz is clearly not going to get his contract extended and quite possibly may resign. What do we all think is going to happen at the coaching positions? Who wants this job? Who would take this job? Does Wake clean house and change the whole regime? One of the positives of the Bz hire was that Wake could keep the same coaching staff besides the head coach. It seemed logical at the time, but now, not so much. Wes Miller has a really good coaching staff with him already. Do remember that the coaching staff he was on was able to pull in Trevis Simpson. Trevis would definitely be starting for over half of the ACC schools.

Where'd you get that he wont be extended? Have you lived under a rock while Ron has been AD?

And for real, where did you get that he might resign?

Because every thread you've started has sucked. I at 1st thought you were a parody. But sadly, I don't think you are. We're discussing all of this on the other thread and don't need a 2nd thread on it, especially if the info we're getting turns out not to be true (which I seriously doubt).

I just managed to get through all of the pages of the other thread and saw something similar. At least I'm on the same page with some of the fans. The first thread didn't suck. It was an engaging thread and quite possibly the last buzz in / buzz out thread. At this point, the most solid buzz inner has to have jumped ship. I just started posting here, cut me some slack.

98 posts; two red bars.

You're doing it wrong.

the red bars are because i made a supporting argument for Bz on a board created by the bz out movement. Of course i was going to get neg-repped

You went supporting Bz to speculating about our next coach.

I take it back. I don't think a 500 post count would matter with djev. Would just delay the inevitable.

No. He is a journalist who is writing a story about the impact of the internet on sports policy. At least that was his story a couple days ago. I'm willing to play along.

You went supporting Bz to speculating about our next coach.

hell yeah im speculating. the transfer rumors of players who the team needs that were projected to play and bz not being able to connect with the fans all point to a sinking ship. while i disagree with most of the buzz out points, the news of today combined with bz apparent lack of any type of pr/social skills can only make me think that Bz can't get Wake on the right path and its time to abandon ship.

TC transferring didn't bother me. He isn't an ACC caliber guard. Anthony Fields leaving wouldn't do anything other than free up a scholly, no big deal. But the Carson & McKie rumors, which are at least partially true unless completely made up, thats enough for me to speculate on who will coach Wake when bz contract runs out next year or if he say heck with it and resigns or is fired.

No. He is a journalist who is writing a story about the impact of the internet on sports policy. At least that was his story a couple days ago. I'm willing to play along.

I was going to write a piece on the buzz out movement complete with arguments on both sides with a positive spin that would try to generate some positive thoughts. If McKie or Carson are thinking about transferring, then there is no point of trying to publish an article with no legs about a coach who most don't want. The rumors of today changed the whole thing. The buzz in vs buzz out thing interested me. I wanted to compare arguments from both sides and conclude with a positive spin on things. My whole thought on this Bz thing has changed with the news that came out today. If McKie and Carson are even thinking about transferring for reasons other than family or personal, thats a giant red flag that Bz needs to go.

Keep anyone involved with the current program on staff? Nope, I suggest we hire this guy:

sherman2%5B1%5D.gif

Cue OGB negrep

Back