• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

I think that's right. I expect Wake to do about as well as, say, Villanova over the last decade. Consistent tournament appearances, with the occasional run into the elite eight or, with luck, beyond.

That's a great comparison...or kinda like GT was from the mid-80s to the mid-90s under Cremins before they fell off...

I think that's right. I expect Wake to do about as well as, say, Villanova over the last decade. Consistent tournament appearances, with the occasional run into the elite eight or, with luck, beyond.

Wake is yet to finish in the Elite Eight of the ACC under buzz.

That's a great comparison...or kinda like GT was from the mid-80s to the mid-90s under Cremins before they fell off...

That was an insanely good stretch for GT. A FF, an elite 8, three sweet 16's, three ACCT champs, and making the tournament every year from 1985-93. If that's the expectation for Wake, thats fine, but it would blow away any ten-year period we've ever had.

That was an insanely good stretch for GT. A FF, an elite 8, three sweet 16's, three ACCT champs, and making the tournament every year from 1985-93. If that's the expectation for Wake, thats fine, but it would blow away any ten-year period we've ever had.

Damn, that was an even better stretch for GT than I remembered....guess Nova over the last 10 years is a much better comparison to what expectations should be...

Damn, that was an even better stretch for GT than I remembered....guess Nova over the last 10 years is a much better comparison to what expectations should be...

Villanova over the last 10 seasons would be a worthy goal, but you could argue that Villanova has a much better basketball history than WFU with 4 final 4s and a national championship. Over the last 10 seasons they made the NCAAs 8 times with a final 4, an elite 8 and 2 sweet 16s. Only once did they lose in the first round. That might be a better stretch than WFU has ever had or at least since the 1960's

I think looking at the 20 years of WF basketball pre-Bz should pretty much be the standard for reg season play. We were pretty successful, but just generally sucked in the postseason.

I think looking at the 20 years of WF basketball pre-Bz should pretty much be the standard for reg season play. We were pretty successful, but just generally sucked in the postseason.

Yeah, couldn't find a 10 game stretch for WFU that approached Villanova over the last 10 years but the 20 year stretch before [Redacted] shows 12/20 NCAA appearances with an elite 8 and 3 sweet 16s. Like I said, Villanova would be a worthy goal since they've done better than WFU ever has.

I wouldn't argue that Villanova has better basketball history. They do have better basketball history.

Sean O'Mara
6'9, 220/240 lbs

ESPN: 4-star (#20 C)
Scout: 3-star (#21 C)
Rivals: 3-star (#141 overall)

Offers by Wake and a ton of schools including BC, DePaul, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Iowa State, Marquette, Virginia, and Xavier.

I like this guy better than Haas and Moore. He's got some bounce and he has a nice soft jumper and a quick release on it.

Honestly I see Cavanaugh 2.0. And I like Cavanaugh - that's not supposed to be a giant knock on him. I just don't see the bounce that you're talking about. I see good feet and good hands, but he's playing in the Illinois suburbs at a prep school so he's not exactly challenged by other athletes around the rim.

He does, however, seem to have (and knows how to use) his weight and leverage against defenders. That's something Cavanaugh is terrible at.

He's a post player. Cav is not. Don't like that comparison at all. Below the rim strong white guys can be very effective in college.

All due respect to Jaybone, I agree that I did not seem much bounce there. He seems to spin away from the basket. I never saw him explode towards the basket and take it strong to the rim. That said, he does seem reasonably light of in his feet and seems to have some touch on his shot, including fadeaways. I would have like to see him take it strong to the basket a few times, especially against a shorter opponent.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't the tape all against the same guy?

You all are right. Bounce is the probably the wrong word. Light on his feet is better. Moves fluidly, quick feet, but does not seem to possess hops. But in comparison, Moore seems to be heavy on his feet, fluid yes, but no hops and not a lot of activity. Haas is more leaden on his feet, but better instincts to be in the right position than Moore. Moore does a lot of watching on his tapes.

Can the experts give me a grade on our overall recruiting up until this point- A, A+, B+?

He's a post player. Cav is not. Don't like that comparison at all. Below the rim strong white guys can be very effective in college.

This. We need guys like Sean O'Mara. It's kind of shocking that we're making a serious run at three true post players right now. That hasn't been the case in the past. I hope we're able to get at least one of them.

Can the experts give me a grade on our overall recruiting up until this point- A, A+, B+?

I think you'll want to wait until the end of the summer for an overall recruiting grade. An A, in my book, would be a combination of Moore/Haas and Johnson/Mitchell +/- O'Mara/Fisher-Davis.

Robert Johnson is arguably the fastest rising SG in July.

@r22childress: Haven't seen my fam is 2 weeks. Been on road 4 3weeks. I walk n house exhausted, My 12yr ask me, dad how do u use a condom?!!! What?! 🙉🙈🙊

Back