• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

At some point the administration is going to have to sit down and have a long conversation about why Wake even participates in D1 athletics.

I assume the 25 million per year in TV money probably has something to do with it. Why do people keep asking this question?

Rachel C. Haas‏@RachelCHaas
Most adults would buckle under the pressure my child has endured. We stand behind him 100%

Poor kid. Don't you just feel so bad for him?

I sense a strong bit of lovington in this lady. Make sure she signs up for the Purdue boards.

Most adults would buckle under the pressure my child has endured. We stand behind him 100%

I mean, you gotta admit the kid's had it pretty rough. He's about to get a free education and an opportunity to pursue a multi-million dollar career playing a children's game almost solely because he's taller than 99.9999999999999% of the human adult population. Oh, and no reporter or blogger -- much less an entire arena full of fans -- has ever remotely cared what I plan on doing with my life. Pretty rough, guys.

And I'll echo Numbers's post on the other thread -- if this kid majors in biomedical engineering I will eat my shoe.

If the billboard had an effect, it's because this smart kid from Alabama saw it online and thought 'They don't even know how to label a fucking axis... I am going to Purdue where they know some shit about math.'

if losing Haas is the price we pay for bzz getting canned i will take that deal 25 hours a day 8 days a week 13 months a year

In retrospect maybe we should thank Snowden,I mean Haas. At least the PR hacks Wellman employs will have a hard time sweeping this under the rug. If he chose UAB they were ready with the redneck momma's boy excuse now they are in scramble mode.

If the billboard had an effect, it's because this smart kid from Alabama saw it online and thought 'They don't even know how to label a fucking axis... I am going to Purdue where they know some shit about math.'

i laughed.

How do you know what he's going through?

What if his girlfriend got kidnapped by a bunch of hooligans wearing Purdue paraphernalia (first sleepless night)? Then Haas tracked them down, defeated the whole gang, and rescued her (second sleepless night)? But when they got home, he learned they'd given her some slow-acting poison for which there's no cure (third sleepless night)? But then the next day, [Redacted] just so happened to call him up and told him they had the antidote? So they used it and saved her, and everybody was happy, but at the crucial moment, when his girlfriend's life was teetering on the edge of a knife, Bzz had stroked his back and whispered in his ear, "If you ever need it from anywhere else, I'm here for you. I bet you're better than Ryan Kelly." And Haas just can't stop thinking about it (fourth sleepless night)?

So then the next morning, he calls up one of Wake's players, who tells him, "Yeah, Bzz has a kind of prima nochte thing going on with all his players" (bad news about Wake, needs to talk to Greenburg)? Seth tells him that's messed up, so he decides not to sign with Wake after all (cancelled signing ceremony). But he can't go to Purdue after they kidnapped his girlfriend, so he visits UAB and has a great time (tweets this weekend).

But Bzz hasn't given up yet, so he and Rusty fly in on Sunday with their back-up plan: they've kidnapped Haas's mom, and are going to off her unless he signs (enthusiastic WF tweets from mom). But as Haas is about to sign on the dotted line, Stratt runs in and rips at Haas's mom's hair. It's not his Mom, it's Ron Wellman in a mask! And then Matt Painter runs in and says, "Haas, we didn't kidnap your girlfriend! Wellman was behind it the whole time!" And Haas says, "I love you, coach!" and Painter says, "I love you too!" and Haas jumps into Painter's arms as the coach carries him off (commit this morning). And then Bzz throws his hat on the ground and stomps on it, and Wellman says, "I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids," and Stratt buys himself another refrigerator to celebrate.

That fits the facts a lot better than some nonsense about our engineering major, which he would have known about for months.

Obviously, the kid is misguided! ;)

http://www.sbes.vt.edu/

Who wouldn't want to spend an extra year or two in Blacksburg studying embryonic cell research and revolutionizing cancer treatment in the vein of the esteemed Dr. Atala of the Wake Forest Institute of Regenerative Medicine?

Absolutely no credible chance of success in that field at Wake Forest. Surely better run off to Indiana!!

Back