• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

Medium height, no taller than 6'6 at max. Not rail thin. Light skinned, here with his Mom. Buzz Randolph and Will murphy touring him. Don't think it's Figures

That list shows some of the weaknesses with ratings. Those are some excellent programs.

Officially committed to Cincy. Strickland, you can update the misses section when you get a chance. I know that's been a long long list to keep up with.

Oh, c'mon... We suck.

Here's the updated list:

Offered, Going Elswhere/Notable Misses:

Caleb Martin (NC State) - Scout #45
Leron Black (Illinois) - Scout #46
Robert Johnson (TBA) - Scout #54
JaQuan Newton (Miami)* - Scout #55
L.J. Peak (Georgetown) - Scout #75
Jared Terrell (Oklahoma State) - Scout #76
Trayvon Reed (Maryland) - Scout #85
Jared Nickens (Maryland) - Scout #89
Matthew Fisher-Davis (Vanderbilt) - Scout #94
Devin Mitchell (Alabama) - Scout #95
Quadri Moore (Cincinnati) - Scout #100
Cody Martin (NC State)
Sean O'Mara (TBA)
Gary Clark (Cincinnati)
Alec Brennan (Princeton)
Khadeen Carrington (Seton Hall)
James Palmer (Miami)
Larry Austin (Tennessee)*
JaQuel Richmond (Houston)*
C.J. Turman (Tennessee)
Isaiah Manderson (Oregon State)
Zane Waterman (Manhattan)*
Gabe Vincent (UC Santa Barbara)
Nick Gorski (Loyola MD)*

That list shows some of the weaknesses with ratings. Those are some excellent programs.

Meh, agendas...

He's ranked as a 3-star PG (#48) on ESPN, 2-star SG on Scout, unranked on Rivals and 247. Something tells me that he's a late bloomer. Only interest reported is "low" over at 247.

Assuming he holds offers from Wisconsin, Gonzaga and Oregon State, it doesn't seem like we have much of a chance.

Let's see if that's who is at the Pit, first.

ETA: Other offers are Northwestern and Stanford.

Last edited:
Bryan Alberts
Shooting Guard

He's a SG not a PG.

"Wisconsin is still very active in the recruitment of Sun Valley (Calif.) Village Christian 2014 Shooting Guard Bryan Alberts, who has a strong interest in visiting Madison"

Bryan Alberts
Shooting Guard

He's a SG not a PG.

"Wisconsin is still very active in the recruitment of Sun Valley (Calif.) Village Christian 2014 Shooting Guard Bryan Alberts, who has a strong interest in visiting Madison"

I take it you didn't check ESPN and Rivals, or read my last post?

I looked at Gonzaga....they picked up the #5 PG and a 3* SG already.....maybe they lost interest.

Would a '15 prospect be using an official visit in the fall of '13? Wouldn't it be, more likely, an unofficial visit?

Maybe one of the guys who worked in the AD could weigh in on this?

I looked at Gonzaga....they picked up the #5 PG and a 3* SG already.....maybe they lost interest.

That theory didn't work out to well with MFD or Gary Clark... Could be right, but this kid also seems pretty versatile and a late bloomer who may be looking to stay west of the Mississippi at this stage in the game.

Back