• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Wait so is Hudson def coming? Sorry if I missed it.

Clawson > Manning. I have been pretty disappointed with Manning so far. Lost two pretty good players. He is recruiting some big time talent but will need to start landing some players or this could get ugly rather quickly.

Wouldn't mind an early Childress commitment to get the ball rolling and help recruit others

I'd love this, but wasn't there another NC PG that Giles was close with, maybe Dennis Smith? Hope another PG commit wouldn't hurt his recruiting. Maybe Harry can get a new favorite PG at Wesleyan (Brandon).

I'd love this, but wasn't there another NC PG that Giles was close with, maybe Dennis Smith? Hope another PG commit wouldn't hurt his recruiting. Maybe Harry can get a new favorite PG at Wesleyan (Brandon).

Correct, Dennis Smith is who you're thinking of. I wouldn't be surprised if we take two PGs in 2016, with one of them being Childress. He's definitely a 4 year player.

We should update the thread title to reflect the Childress offer. Seems like a significant/cool event.

Clawson > Manning. I have been pretty disappointed with Manning so far. Lost two pretty good players. He is recruiting some big time talent but will need to start landing some players or this could get ugly rather quickly.

Don't forget that DM held on to the coveted Rondale Watson.

One thing I find interesting so far about DM is the fact that he's now been caught by surprise three different times. Moto was so early in his tenure that I don't really think much of that but both Cavanaugh and Mitchell were shockers to him. Hopefully he gets better at reading these kids.

Re: Cavanaugh

“We expected Tyler to be a significant part of what we were doing,”

Re: Shelton Mitchell

“I am somewhat surprised,” Manning said. “After the conversations that we had, and visiting with him in person and his family, I thought we were in a good situation with him.

According to ESPN's ranking Shelton Mitchell is the third highest PG in Vandy's recruiting class. Why go there to play?

I'm cautiously optimistic that Leonard, Green(if healthy) and McClinton (also if healthy) will be at least a wash for the three that left for the upcoming season. I think the two big men will give us an inside presence we have been lacking. Of course the long term success rests on the recruiting results for 2015 and beyond.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Leonard, Green(if healthy) and McClinton (also if healthy) will be at least a wash for the three that left for the upcoming season. I think the two big men will give us an inside presence we have been lacking. Of course the long term success rests on the recruiting results for 2015 and beyond.
Manning has stated that he's "hoping for a few minutes a game from Green." Don't expect much from him.

Back