• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

There were probably only a few jobs he would even consider. It's not like he needs the money. UCLA paid him a ton.

This is total BULLSHIT....He BEGGED for the Marquette job. He definitely wanted the Wake job. He went after Cal and Oregon State.

The reality no one anywhere in the country wanted him.

Well other than Panthers and yourself.

That was between White and Howland.

You can't past the fact that Howland tried for multiple jobs and no one wanted him. He's a has been who has alienated AAU coaches from around the country. Before any serious team would take him, he'd have to mend those fences.

That was between White and Howland.

You can't past the fact that Howland tried for multiple jobs and no one wanted him. He's a has been who has alienated AAU coaches from around the country. Before any serious team would take him, he'd have to mend those fences.

fwiw... Howland was a front runner for the Oregon State job but he ended up withdrawing his name from consideration.

Theoretically the leader, remember he was in the same position at Marquette. The fact they didn't jump on him the second he said he was interested shows there were major hiccups.

Wake is a significantly better job than OSU.

It appears like we wil be awful for another 3-4 seasons. At what point does this become normal? Has it happened already?

PS Thanks Ron

With good 15 & 16 recruiting classes, we could be good by then. Heck if we get Moore and Trier, we could be decent in 15-16.

Marquette had money to spend and they hired Wojo over Howland. He was a risk too, and would have been a very expensive one.

It appears like we wil be awful for another 3-4 seasons. At what point does this become normal? Has it happened already?

PS Thanks Ron

When Manning gets a contract extension for an NIT bid. That's when losing becomes normal.

I think a lot of schools got scared off of Howland because of the rumors about the NCAA looking closely at him.

BBall Recruiting Megathread 4.0 - The Cornelius Hudson Chronicles Continue

I know this is turning into a manning thread but I don't care who transfers. Let me all transfer. If they can't handle a real coach we don't want them. We can replace Cav with equal or better talent in 2015 with ease.

With our transfers we have no expectations for this year which will be good for the players. They have played with an anchor around their necks for 2 years. I can't even imagine playing for [Redacted].

We will stink this year but it will actually be fun rooting for us again. Any games we win will be a bonus.

Come next signing day we need to start bringing in legitimate recruits and the Tide will start to turn. I am manning in for sure. Seeing the transfers solidifies it for me. We have a bunch if primmadonas for players thanks to [Redacted]. People quitting is a great sign that we have a legitimate coach again.

Last edited:
To expand a little on what Wrangor posted, transfers during a coaching change are quite different than those who leave after a coach has been there a couple of years. You can also look at anyone who leaves next year as a coaching change transfer.

Transferring used to have a much bigger stigma than it does today.

With good 15 & 16 recruiting classes, we could be good by then. Heck if we get Moore and Trier, we could be decent in 15-16.

The likelihood of either of these things happening goes down significantly when you suck for 6+ years.

Last edited:
I would hardly consider Dino's last two years as "sucking". We were #1 in the country and made The Dance each year. We underachieved due to coaching, but in no way did we suck.

A coach can turn a program around quickly in basketball.

I would hardly consider Dino's last two years as "sucking". We were #1 in the country and made The Dance each year. We underachieved due to coaching, but in no way did we suck.

A coach can turn a program around quickly in basketball.

6 was assuming the next two years...

If we sign a couple of top players this year, we could be very competitive in 15-16. We are also in great shape with Giles.

If we think like you do, we might as well give up.

If we sign a couple of top players this year, we could be very competitive in 15-16. We are also in great shape with Giles.

If we think like you do, we might as well give up.

No, you could just capitalize on the upperclass talent we have/had and make it back to relevance from there. Seems much more realistic that nabbing 2 top 10 players (or 3 top 60) after not being relevant for a few years.

Back