• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

I honestly could not go through another saga like that....:eek:

Imagine doing it twice? Some of us lived through Loren Woods also.

Seems like 7 footers have a 50/50 shot at being crazy.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. But the original post has this chart

vxm6c1.jpg

Which would now include Moore and Crawford in the 15-16 class. Except there's only one "open" spot in that spot. And we're still after Collins, apparently. So we're expecting to lose two players off the current/returning roster, correct? Is it that the coaches simply expect there to be a couple departures between now and next season, or a couple kids will be told they probably need to look elsewhere? Don't recall how this works as far as offering ships to kids above/beyond what's committed as of today. Or do they think there's a chance either Moore or someone like Collins doesn't show up until the following year, or something else I'm missing?

"Doral gave a verbal commitment to Wake Forest and coach Danny Manning," Doral Moore, Sr. told Rivals.com's Clint Jackson. "Who else is better to teach him than a two time NBA All-Star, 1993-94 NBA Sixth Man of the year, 1988 NCAA champion and NCAA Final Four Most Outstanding Player?"

Remember the debate on here on whether Manning's career would resonate more with parents or kids or if it would resonate with anyone? Regardless of era, those career highlights look good to me when written like that.

vxm6c1.jpg

Which would now include Moore and Crawford in the 15-16 class. Except there's only one "open" spot in that spot. And we're still after Collins, apparently. So we're expecting to lose two players off the current/returning roster, correct? Is it that the coaches simply expect there to be a couple departures between now and next season, or a couple kids will be told they probably need to look elsewhere? Don't recall how this works as far as offering ships to kids above/beyond what's committed as of today. Or do they think there's a chance either Moore or someone like Collins doesn't show up until the following year, or something else I'm missing?

Daniel Green is now listed as a senior on the roster so I assume he will not be here next year

vxm6c1.jpg

Green is graduating, so that makes 2 definite open spots (Moore/Crawford). With the number of 2s that we have, I think we can bank on a little more attrition. basically, if Collins wants to come, there will be a spot for him.

vxm6c1.jpg

It appears Daniel Green will be graduating. Thus, Doral has a slot.

To get a slot for Collins, someone will need to transfer or not be renewed.

Getting in so late and getting TWO Top 100s is an INCREDIBLE start.

Danny and the Deacs!! (maybe someone should change Elton's lyrics)

Hmm, I wonder where the people are who earlier said Danny was a "mediocre" recruiter.

Celebrating with the people that said it was too late in the game to expect that Manning could get top recruits for 2015!

Getting a little greedy, but would love to see commitments from Chill and Kwe somewhat soon to get the ball rolling early in 2016 and keep momentum going

Celebrating with the people that said it was too late in the game to expect that Manning could get top recruits for 2015!

Reading is fundamental - EXPECT- Danny has exceeded EXPECTATIONS. He's done a GREAT job.

We have so many #wildcards on the team. Cumberland touched on this in another thread, but literally every freshman coming in this year has some sort of intrigue (Hudson's age, Mitiglou's national background, Wilbekin's family and late recruitment/flip to Wake, Rondale literally not existing on the internet before we signed him, McClinton's injury).

We have so many #wildcards on the team. Cumberland touched on this in another thread, but literally every freshman coming in this year has some sort of intrigue (Hudson's age, Mitiglou's national background, Wilbekin's family and late recruitment/flip to Wake, Rondale literally not existing on the internet before we signed him, McClinton's injury).

There's way weirder stuff than age about Hudson

Congrats to Coach Manning and the staff for getting two big targets for 2015 to commit! A banner day in Winston-Salem!

Wooooooo! Smoke 'em if you got 'em! But why not make it special, head to the store and get you some Dorals! :woot:

Oh yeah, one more thing, take that Maya Smart!! ;)

There's way weirder stuff than age about Hudson

Yeah I guess a more appropriate phrasing is "dude is Michael Crabtree's brother, appears to have barely qualified, looks like he could be able to play, but nobody really reported that he was coming here until way late in the game and it was out of the blue."

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=11855&ex_cid=Insider_share_11855_Scout%27s%20Take:%20ESPN%20100%20Doral%20Moore%20to%20Wake%20Forest

Who he reminds us of: Moore has off-the-charts upside and his size and skill remind us of a combination of NBA centers. Moore's game is still very much under construction but we see a pieces of Meyers Leonard's mobility Channing Frye and Steven Adams' skill and Tyson Chandler's rebounding and shot blocking. His development and how his game evolves will determine his future as a Demon Deacon. Wake fans will hope for glimpses of Tim Duncan which is not out of the question in time.

Well, then. I guess I should be contacting my doctor about an erection lasting more than four hours.

Last edited:
Back