• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

I have a theory that Kwe Parker is destined to come to Wake and pull off a Chaos Dunk that reverses the curse on WF basketball. It is widely accepted that Trent Strickland's missed backwards dunk attempt against Duke gave WF a curse of mediocrity and failure, so it only makes sense for another superb dunker to reverse the curse.

I have a theory that Kwe Parker is destined to come to Wake and pull off a Chaos Dunk that reverses the curse on WF basketball. It is widely accepted that Trent Strickland's missed backwards dunk attempt against Duke gave WF a curse of mediocrity and failure, so it only makes sense for another superb dunker to reverse the curse.

Trent's infamous boner

I can't even put into words how pumped I am for WF Basketball again. And I agree with others that have said Collins will end up being a big time stud for us. The way he moves up and down the court for a 6'9" 230-240 guy is impressive and he's clearly a ball player; not just an athlete. Him and Moore are perfect complements and Crawford is a pass first PG. We've got one hell of a recruiting class for 2015.

Last edited:
I can't even put into words how pumped I am for WF Basketball again. And I agree with others that have said Collins will end up being a big time stud for us. The way he moves up and down the court for a 6'9" 230-240 guy is impressive and he's clearly a ball player; not just an athlete. Him and Moore are perfect complements and Crawford is a pass first PG. We've got one hell of a recruiting class for 2015.

Also, holy shit. Sign Brandon up tomorrow. I hadn't seen any highlights but wow, he looks really good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyWWuUNR8U0

Wrong Brandon Childress.

Here's the correct one.

yup, just noticed that. Thanks for posting the correct link. Comments still apply :)

Sign him up. Kid looks legit. Go Deacs! The future is finally bright again.

I agree. If it's possible lets get Brandon and Kwe in the fold for 16 and have them help bringing in friends and acquaintances.

The 2015 Summer RSCI just came out with Doral Moore at #59 and Bryant Crawford at #87.

For historical comparison, Moore is in the same league as former Wake big men Tony Woods (#43), James Johnson (#47), Jamie Skeen (#52), Darius Songalia (#58), Carson Desrosiers (#66), David Weaver (#73), Antawn Scott (#76), and Kevin Swinton (#76).

Crawford is in the same league as current Wake guard Codi Miller-McIntyre (#77) and former SG Trent Strickland (#84), 30 spots higher than Ish Smith and 30 spots lower than Jeff Teague and Broderick Hicks.
Those numbers mean nothing. There is usually little difference between #100 and #40. What's more important is the schools who recruit and offer a player.

You can look at that list of just Wake players and see the rankings matter.

Since shooting guard still seems to biggest area of concern not addressed with the 2015 recruits, who is the most highly regarded prospect we are recruiting? Our conversation and efforts there should extend beyond High Point.

Past Giles, the focus of our attention for 2016 isn't clear right now. We'll likely have some visits during the season, but probably won't get a great idea until next spring/summer.

Since shooting guard still seems to biggest area of concern not addressed with the 2015 recruits, who is the most highly regarded prospect we are recruiting? Our conversation and efforts there should extend beyond High Point.

Shooting Guards:

Terrance Ferguson (5-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Louisville, Tulsa, Houston, Kansas, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Texas Tech, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, SMU, and Arizona.

Tyus Battle (5-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Florida, Michigan, Kentucky, Maryland, Louisville, Miami, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Syracuse, Vanderbilt, SMU, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Villanova, Xavier, Indiana, Providence, Virginia, Ohio State, UNLV, Washington, Arizona, NC State, and Duke.

Josh Langford (5-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Connecticut, Duke, Indiana, Mississippi State, Tennessee, UAB, NC State, Providence, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Memphis, Vanderbilt, Missouri, Louisville, Michigan, Michigan State, and USC.

Kwe Parker (4-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Boston College, Clemson, Western Carolina, Virginia Tech, and Charlotte.

Bruce Brown (4-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, UMass, Boston College, VCU, Rhode Island, Miami, Tulsa, Minnesota, Xavier, Manhattan, Texas Tech, Providence, Virginia Tech, Iowa State, Arizona State, and Auburn.

Trent Forrest (4-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, UNLV, Wichita State, Oregon State, Tennessee, Florida State, Miami, Georgia, UCF, Murray State, and Providence.

Tyree Crump (4-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, Auburn, Florida State, Memphis, and Texas A&M.

Deshawn Corprew (4-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, NC State, Stanford, George Mason, Villanova, and Virginia.

Josh Hall (4-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, UNLV, Cincinnati, Virginia Tech, Nebraska, Arizona, SMU, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Houston, Texas, Radford, and Rice.

Eli Wright (3-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Oklahoma State, Purdue, Mississippi State, UAB, Northern Kentucky, Western Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Middle Tennessee State, Murray State, Wright State, Alabama, and Kansas State.

Nick Sherod (3-star: NO OFFER): Wake Forest, Appalachian State, Drexel, Holy Cross, Rice, Richmond, Mount St. Mary’s, Virginia Tech, Northern Arizona, William & Mary, Marshall, Texas Tech, and Loyola (MD.).

Adrian Moore (UR: OFFERED): Wake Forest, LaSalle, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, and Baylor.

Donovan Oliver Jr. (UR: NO OFFER): Illinois State

Small Forward:

Jayson Tatum (5-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Arizona, Duke, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, UNC, Saint Louis, and Connecticut.

Justin Jackson (5-star: NO OFFER): Wake Forest, Illinois, Arizona, Florida, Baylor, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Indiana, UNLV, Washington, Texas A&M, Ohio State, and Louisville.

K.J. Santos (4-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Tulsa, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma, Fairfield, DePaul, Xavier, UIC, VCU, Rhode Island, Army, West Virginia, Iowa, Penn State, Wichita State, and Morehead State.

Braxton Blackwell (4-star: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Mississippi, California, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, LSU, Auburn, Providence, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Florida, Vanderbilt, NC State, Memphis, Virginia Tech, Cincinnati, Indiana, Alabama, Virginia, DePaul, East Carolina, Missouri, and Kansas.

Robert Baker (3-star: NO OFFER): Texas A&M, UAB, Vanderbilt, Tennessee Tech, Richmond, and George Mason.

Thaddeus Middleton (UR: NO OFFER)

Kwe Parker is a freak. Would L-O-V-E to have that kid.

Thanks, TITS and Strickland. I was looking at the Scout list and they consider the first 2 on that list to be SF and don't have us offering Langford. They did acknowledge Ferguson and Battle as good outside shooters.
Obviously, an offer is a good indicator of our interest. I guess there is not any evidence that we are making any of them a special priority or that there is any significant reciprocating interest. Maybe that changes now the we turn our primary recruiting focus to 2016 and get to see who shows up for home basketball games.
Now that we are getting some good basketball mojo, I am just anxious to see it continue. I know we have some ties to some good, local guards and that's great. I just hope we come out of 2016 with an elite shooter/scorer.

Thanks, TITS and Strickland. I was looking at the Scout list and they consider the first 2 on that list to be SF and don't have us offering Langford. They did acknowledge Ferguson and Battle as good outside shooters.
Obviously, an offer is a good indicator of our interest. I guess there is not any evidence that we are making any of them a special priority or that there is any significant reciprocating interest. Maybe that changes now the we turn our primary recruiting focus to 2016 and get to see who shows up for home basketball games.
Now that we are getting some good basketball mojo, I am just anxious to see it continue. I know we have some ties to some good, local guards and that's great. I just hope we come out of 2016 with an elite shooter/scorer.

Just FYI, I go by Verbal Commits when it comes to offers.

Thanks, Strick. That does look like a good quick reference. Just hoping someone knew more about our priorities. Sounds like it is still too early to tell.

Thanks, Strick. That does look like a good quick reference. Just hoping someone knew more about our priorities. Sounds like it is still too early to tell.

Priority is Giles and Kwe, then seeing what that shakes loose if they commit (Tatum, Smith, etc...).

So 2015's done. Who's starting the 2016 bball recruiting thread?

Kwe's shot doesn't look bad. Maybe Brandon and he can take 200 threes a day for the next year.

Back