• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Chill is also just a cool ass dude, which matters in recruiting as much as anything

All of those quotes are the reason I had optimism from the beginning with Manning. We had very little hard evidence of his ability as a head coach, but it seemed like all the factors of his career were pointing in the right direction. Manning is one of the all time college greats. The current group of recruits know who he is, and more importantly their AAU and high school coaches probably grew up idolizing Manning.

He can get in the door with anyone, which is huge. Chill seems to be carrying his weight as well which is big for us as a program. We need Chill to be great, because he has the ability to be the ultimate recruiter in the ACC. Again - High school and AAU coaches grew up watching Chill shred the ACC. I really don't know anything about the other assistants. I would love for the SID to do a series introducing us to the assistants. Would be a lot of fun. I know I would read it. [someone pass this along....I Think the fanbase would really dig it].

This. In its entirety.

That said, I feel like for as much as we're celebrating Chill, Steve Woodberry deserves just as much credit.

All of those quotes are the reason I had optimism from the beginning with Manning. We had very little hard evidence of his ability as a head coach, but it seemed like all the factors of his career were pointing in the right direction. Manning is one of the all time college greats. The current group of recruits know who he is, and more importantly their AAU and high school coaches probably grew up idolizing Manning.

He can get in the door with anyone, which is huge. Chill seems to be carrying his weight as well which is big for us as a program. We need Chill to be great, because he has the ability to be the ultimate recruiter in the ACC. Again - High school and AAU coaches grew up watching Chill shred the ACC. I really don't know anything about the other assistants. I would love for the SID to do a series introducing us to the assistants. Would be a lot of fun. I know I would read it. [someone pass this along....I Think the fanbase would really dig it].

Pretty sure there have been get to know you videos on Facebook already.

Woodberry was a good player at Kansas. I remember watching him at the time. Good glue guy.

According to rivals, Doral is the #13 C; Collins is #33 PF and Bryant #5 PG.

Collins is going to jump up the charts IMO. Kid has serious game.

Kwe Parker's dunking ability overshadows his other guard skills. This video includes more than just the spectacular dunks he makes.

Always good to hear someone from outside the program say that Giles has "heavy interest" in Wake Forest and Manning.

Collins is going to jump up the charts IMO. Kid has serious game.

Whether he jumps up the charts or not, I think we got a special player. Of the three potential bigs we were recruiting and of the two we landed, I'm definitely highest on Collins. [Youtube scouting]Combination of footwork, fluidity, ability to step out and shoot a bit at 16 is really impressive.[/Youtube scouting] It's not the most substantiated observation, but he seems like he has solid instincts, as well. Whatever role Doral Moore ends up playing for us, Collins will likely be an ideal complement. You could run him in the pick-and-roll/pop; you can keep him around the basket; you can play fast or slow. He doesn't look like the lengthiest player, but his frame should fill out pretty quickly and he's a good athlete.

TL;DR - I think John Collins is a steal.

I don't understand what Stinkler's comments mean.

He thinks Wake has no chance of competing in the new ACC and therefore has no shot at Giles because he will want to play for a contender. So he's arguing with Meyer that Wake doesn't even deserve "Dark Horse" status in the Giles race. He's just some random ignorant fan and not worth paying attention to.

The 2015 Summer RSCI just came out with Doral Moore at #59 and Bryant Crawford at #87.

For historical comparison, Moore is in the same league as former Wake big men Tony Woods (#43), James Johnson (#47), Jamie Skeen (#52), Darius Songalia (#58), Carson Desrosiers (#66), David Weaver (#73), Antawn Scott (#76), and Kevin Swinton (#76).

Crawford is in the same league as current Wake guard Codi Miller-McIntyre (#77) and former SG Trent Strickland (#84), 30 spots higher than Ish Smith and 30 spots lower than Jeff Teague and Broderick Hicks.

Back