• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Interesting to see if UVa is going to try for Seth Allen.

Russ Wood @RussHoops
Spoke to 2014 The Rock (FL) PG Mitchell Wilbekin. He’s home from his OV to Wake Forest, said he “loved it a lot”. Visits Virginia Monday

-----
Glad to see he had a good time. I hope that Mitchell chooses to join the Deacs. I was not aware until recently but he had lots of high major interest until an ACL/MCL injury cost him a season in high school career.

Hopefully Cornish is having a good time as well. He'd be very helpful as a SG/SF.

Wouldn't Cornish have to be penciled in as the starting SG next year?

Someone is going to have to start at SG. It sure isn't Ovaltine.

BBall Recruiting Megathread 4.0 - 2014 PG Wilbekin and SG Cornish Visiting

Depends on how DM views CMM (SG or PG) and if Wilbekin/Overton/Rondale put up good competition.

As someone pointed out recently, you don't have to be a good shooter to be a SG. If Wilbekin could lead the team I wouldn't mind those two.

Someone is going to have to start at SG. It sure isn't Ovaltine.

To start the season I would assume it is MJ,CMM,GMcC,CAV,DT. Though I think Cornish starts midway through ACC play (assuming he signs)

Depends on how DM views CMM (SG or PG) and if Wilbekin/Overton/Rondale put up good competition.

As someone pointed out recently, you don't have to be a good shooter to be a SG. If Wilbekin could lead the team I wouldn't mind those two.

I could agree with that if Teague and Johnson are at PG and SF. But even then, it's not something you want to do.

I could agree with that if Teague and Johnson are at PG and SF. But even then, it's not something you want to do.

In my opinion you start the best two guards regardless of position. So let all of them battle it out this Summer and Fall and make the decision from there. Hopefully we have Wilbekin and/or Cornish to make that decision tougher. Obviously a bad hand but you don't really have any other choices.

Sure that makes sense. But you'd expect at least one of our best guards would be a shooter.

IF Wilbekin and Cornish sign, one will end up starting very soon, and both players will get significant time IMO.

He's a HS senior that's coming to Wake next year. We're hoping that the Duke love from his life thus far goes away quickly upon being on campus like it does for most students with previous allegiances.

Back