• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

We hired a coach with a track record of poor rebounding and had poor rebounding teams. Who would have thought?

#teamkenpom

Agree, here is Tulsa's offense broken down by the numbers.

http://www.bloggersodear.com/2014/4/5/5576228/manning-way-offense-Wake-Forest-Basketball-Deacons

Those numbers are extremely concerning, though they were a very young team. They did improve tremendously at taking care of the basketbal, but outside of that they aren't at top 100 offensive team. They did play a very similiar style to what we saw last year in that they get to the foul line a lot and miss A LOT.

The roster is coming back. Duke, Cuse, UNC, UVA, Pitt, and Louisville are all losing their best players. How are those not "gaping holes"?

What best players are Duke losing? Tyler Thorton? Josh Hairston? and for UNC... McAdoo was probably the 3rd or 4th best player on the team and Leslie McDonald doesn't even count. Syracuse is a different story

What best players are Duke losing? Tyler Thorton? Josh Hairston? and for UNC... McAdoo was probably the 3rd or 4th best player on the team and Leslie McDonald doesn't even count. Syracuse is a different story

Uhhh Jabari Parker... You know the guy who is supposed to be a top 5 NBA pick.

I am assuming Marcus Paige leaves UNC

Haha, Jabari Parker? Rodney Hood? But yeah, Duke is loaded next year with freshmen talent. We'll see how it pans out for them.

ETA: Tophat, Paige is staying.

Duke and UNC are going to be loaded next season even if Parker leaves Duke. Paige is staying, and McAdoo wasn't the best player on that team.

Plus, Louisville is joining. I don't know if our improvements will be any more than is needed to cancel out the improvements at other schools.

Wow, pretty surprised Paige is staying. Welp, UNC is going to be very good next year.

Wow, pretty surprised Paige is staying. Welp, UNC is going to be very good next year.

Really? My first thought when I heard he had decided to return was "holy shit he thought about leaving?". Obviously McAdoo's story is a lesson on getting the timing right but I just don't see what Paige has to offer an NBA team at this point.

Agree, here is Tulsa's offense broken down by the numbers.

http://www.bloggersodear.com/2014/4/5/5576228/manning-way-offense-Wake-Forest-Basketball-Deacons

Those numbers are extremely concerning, though they were a very young team. They did improve tremendously at taking care of the basketbal, but outside of that they aren't at top 100 offensive team. They did play a very similiar style to what we saw last year in that they get to the foul line a lot and miss A LOT.

This cannot be true. I mean, Wellman would not screw this up. Would he?

Know what offensive state counts the most? Scoring.....if you score more points than the other team, then all the other stats are meaningless.

Over the last twelve games, Tulsa won eleven. They finished in multi-way tie for first place and won the conference tournament. This counts more than stats.

Here's another question. How do you think he'll do with high D-1 talent versus mid-major talent?

Know what offensive state counts the most? Scoring.....if you score more points than the other team, then all the other stats are meaningless.

Over the last twelve games, Tulsa won eleven. They finished in multi-way tie for first place and won the conference tournament. This counts more than stats.

Here's another question. How do you think he'll do with high D-1 talent versus mid-major talent?

We're bringing in some D-1 talent?

You mean once he brings in recruits? Because we certainly don't have high D-1 talent right now.

Lol, we don't have high D-1 talent. Not even close. Tulsa's best player is better than our best player actually.

any chance we can snag Mitchell Wilbekin?

So the local high school tournament has been a showcase of Duke commits lately.

Saw Jahil Okafor last year, and Grayson Allen & Luke Kennard this year. They are going to be... tough.

I think we have decent D-1 talent. We just don't have a go to offensive player or a defensive stopper. We have some nice parts. With a change of attitude I think we can be dramatically improved.

We sure won't know next year.

I think we have decent D-1 talent. We just don't have a go to offensive player or a defensive stopper. We have some nice parts. With a change of attitude I think we can be dramatically improved.

You think wrong

Back