• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

UNLV just got a transfer and their scholarships are currently full. So Cornish might not have UNLV as a choice any more (assuming no transfers). I wonder if he is referencing his planned decision on the 20th or that he is going to decide soon with the UNLV news and other considerations.

Maybe we will just have a team of 12 guards. That's why Childress was retained.

Maybe we will just have a team of 12 guards. That's why Childress was retained.

I don't see anything wrong with Manning's strategy, so far. The fewer minutes that Madison, Tree, Rondale, and Miles have to play, the better basketball team we're going to be.

In any event, we can't be a worse rebounding team than we were under [name redacted].

Deman interviewed Campbell post-grad Darius Leonard. http://wakeforest.247sports.com/Article/Post-Grad-forward-looking-for-new-home-28501911

Sounds like a real possibility given our location vs his other two choices Drexel and Marquette. No downside to a postgrad.

Leonard_Darius_SP123_6x4.jpg

Last edited:
Deman interviewed Campbell post-grad Darius Leonard. http://wakeforest.247sports.com/Article/Post-Grad-forward-looking-for-new-home-28501911

Sounds like a real possibility given our location vs his other two choices Drexel and Marquette. No downside to a postgrad.

Get it done, staff. This guy is going to help us next year.

While he brings a good shooting touch and energy to the game, he also has some other attributes he feels can help a squad out. " Rebounding is something I take great pride in and my team mates know I got their backs if their guy gets by them on defense too". His shooting improved greatly this past season and he attributes that to all his hard work in the gym putting up shots. " One thing you don't have to worry about is my willingness to work hard and get better". " Most people who know me would say I am a hard nosed player on the floor and will contribute in any way that my team needs me to".

When I asked how many visits he would take, he answered emphatically "only 3". His first visit is coming up this week at Drexel in Philadelphia and he also has a visit scheduled the 13th at Marquette. He mentioned that he is trying to set up a visit with Wake through Coach Childress sometime soon and it would complete the 3 visits if he does. " I really like Wake and my Mom would be able to see all my games if I end up there and she is my biggest fan". While distance is not the only factor involved here, it will play a substantial role in his decision adding " it would definitely be a big plus"

low risk - high reward on taking Darius. To me there is no reason not to take him UNLESS there is another Post Grad big man that the staff is looking at that we are not aware of at the present time.

BBall Recruiting Megathread 4.0 - Welcome Mitchell Wilbekin! Wake in Cornish'...

Offered 2016 PG Jermaine Haley today. 6'6" from Canada. Memphis offered today too.

MOAR GUARDS

This is the guy that left Kent St because he was over-recruited with Melvin Tabb, right? Are we really debating using a schollie between him and Cornish? Or am I missing something and we have two open schollies after Mitchell?

Not depressing at all. I assume Manning made an informed decision on which player could help us more. That is what we pay him to do. I believe he made a good call.

It's depressing to me too. I certainly hope all of the recruiting services have it all wrong but that's how the majority of college hoops fans judge recruits and judge a class. Manning bringing all of his own assistants and then bringing one of his recruits too has "buddy hire" feeling for me... Decisions made out of comfort. Hope I'm totally wrong though.

This is the guy that left Kent St because he was over-recruited with Melvin Tabb, right? Are we really debating using a schollie between him and Cornish? Or am I missing something and we have two open schollies after Mitchell?

Who are you referring to re: kent state and tabb?

It's depressing to me too. I certainly hope all of the recruiting services have it all wrong but that's how the majority of college hoops fans judge recruits and judge a class. Manning bringing all of his own assistants and then bringing one of his recruits too has "buddy hire" feeling for me... Decisions made out of comfort. Hope I'm totally wrong though.
Generally speaking higher ranked players are better than lower ranked ones but certainly not always. DM knows what MW can do and I trust he made a good call on him . UVa wanted him as well. They have replaced us as a Top 25 program.

We should trust our coach until he proves unworthy of our confidence. Let's try to remember that DM is better acquainted with what it takes to win than we are. We criticized our last coach because he didn't bring his own assistants, now we blame DM because he did bring his assistants. Let's just sit tight and watch how he builds the program. He hasn't even coached a game as yet and we are criticizing his judgment, even implying that he is lazy?! Come on, man.

When I googled Darius Leonard, it suggested "Darius Leonard Ear"... I'm not one to question my trusty search engine's suggestions, so I clicked on it.

Holy F! Did he ever get that thing fixed? Not sure I could watch a whole season of a giant infected earlobe on my HD television set.

Back