• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

How does McClinton compare to Moto?

Thinner, better with the ball and probably more athletic. Much more of a true wing than Moto. Moto is more like a McKie, PF stuck in a SF body.

Ryan Mattocks ‏@coachmattocks
Greg McClinton has turned himself into a sure-fire contributor from Day 1 at a major program. Can get his own shot, pass, finish w/contact.

Thinner, better with the ball and probably more athletic. Much more of a true wing than Moto. Moto is more like a McKie, PF stuck in a SF body.

Well that's the only reason I can think of why we'd hold back. If Bz is looking for a true shooter at SG, it makes more sense to consider going with a Jones/CMM backcourt, hoping for Chase to step up at SG, or bringing in McClinton as a SG/SF at the 2 rather than waiting for a player who may not exist.

TOS now saying our guys will be playing some summer ball after all at Fcds. That will provide some indications about who is ready to compete. It is supposed to start in mid July.

Kevin Swinton is a BEAST!!!!!!!!! Ari Stewart is an UNREAL talent and ready to break OUT!!!!!!! T-Strick is SICK!!!!

Well that's the only reason I can think of why we'd hold back. If Bz is looking for a true shooter at SG, it makes more sense to consider going with a Jones/CMM backcourt, hoping for Chase to step up at SG, or bringing in McClinton as a SG/SF at the 2 rather than waiting for a player who may not exist.

Jeff [Redacted] shouldn't be making any basketball decisions.

I think the write ups for the most part have gotten more in line with reality each year. Overall, what you see is what you get. For example, TC played in summer league just like he did during the regular season and as predicted CJ had an all-ACC type season. I may not care for Bz, but if I get a chance to watch and comment on our players, it will be as fair and objective as possible. By the way, Swinton and Strickland never played at Rusty league.

For the love of GOD can we get McClinton already?? I don't give a shit if we have 8 wings we need guys who can play.

Justin Byerly ‏@Justinbyerly
Gabe DeVoe, a 6'4, 2014 out of Shelby (NC) has been in contact with Wake Forest over the last few days. @GabeDeVoe15

Justin Byerly ‏@Justinbyerly
Gabe DeVoe, a 6'4, 2014 out of Shelby (NC) has been in contact with Wake Forest over the last few days. @GabeDeVoe15

Another sleeper, it seems, but that's a ton of size for a rising-junior PG. Has anybody seen him play? I see on the interwebs that he's listed as a combo guard.

He took over the point when two of his teammates went down with injuries this year and led Shelby to the 2A semis. I've never seen him play though.

Last wake hoops player from Shelby was John toms who once lit up unc for 30 points.

Looking at another 2014 SG in Ashley Williams. 6'5'' transferring/reclassifying from a small school in Newport, NC to Greenfield (Rountree's school). He has a twin but it doesn't appear he is nearly as good. There are some videos of him out there... long, athletic, slashing, funky shot.

Back