• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

Presumably Bz has final say.

Also, Moto kind of fell in our laps iirc, his coach played for Wake. Not taking too much away from Bz for landing him though

Also, Moto kind of fell in our laps iirc, his coach played for Wake. Not taking too much away from Bz for landing him though

That's not my understanding. It helped, but we had legitimate competition until the end of his recruitment. Perhaps somebody else can weigh in.

Despite an apparent like for [Redacted], Battle was absolutely the man with Shelton's recruitment. With a tip of the cap to CP3 of course.

Bittersweet right now.. Wake won, we won, but my knee is messed up again
9:53pm - 22 Jan 13

That was from Shelton. Having trouble copying and pasting from ipad

I absolutely refuse to acknowledge that Shelton may be hurt right now. He'll be fine.

Next Step

4 of last 5 ACC games we were up 10 with less than 10 to go.

We won 3 of them by barely hanging on and lost the other.

If we can learn to put teams away, that will take us to the next level.

Florida and Tennessee were both in it to the end with Moto if I remember correctly.
I'm sending a silent good vibe to Shelton's knee right now. If it is injured, at least he has 2 years to rehab.

That's not my understanding. It helped, but we had legitimate competition until the end of his recruitment. Perhaps somebody else can weigh in.

Yes, we had legit competition for him and give Bz credit for landing him. What I really meant was that we probably wouldnt have been on his radar to begin with if there wasn't a connection through his coach.

Figure some of you guys might find this interesting- please note, no mention of Wake recruits, just talk of some of the bigger recruits in the nation.

Last edited:
Hopefully, Shelton's injury isn't serious and he's back playing soon. Even though he has a couple years before he's here, this summer is big for his development.

I find it interesting that Telep is pretty raw in front of the camera.

Telep is an idiot IMO. Anybody that watches as much basketball as he should get most of the 5s and 2/3 of the 4s right. He gets half the 5s and 1/2 of the 4s right.

Telep is an idiot IMO. Anybody that watches as much basketball as he should get most of the 5s and 2/3 of the 4s right. He gets half the 5s and 1/2 of the 4s right.

It's pretty easy to Tuesday Morning Quarterback the guy, but he and his crew do a remarkable job in the scheme of things. They're right FAR more than they are wrong, especially considering the sheer amount of Division 1 caliber prospects that they evaluate every year...

So, they underrated an undersized center playing really weak competition in central Pennsylvania... It happens, but they're still damn good at their jobs.

I find it interesting that Telep is pretty raw in front of the camera.

Yeah, this is also surprising to me. It's strange because he's pretty relaxed, almost a bit arrogant, in person. Him and Daniels are really approachable if you ever run into them at events.

It's strange because he's pretty relaxed, almost a bit arrogant, in person. Him and Daniels are really approachable if you ever run into them at events.

No wonder he's strange. He's a grown man that has chosen to spend his life traveling around the country hooping it up with young boys.

RE: Devin- at the end of his junior year it was a little generous to say 6'7/220 and was a post player. That's a tough size. By the end of his senior year, he was pushing 6'9/240.

There usually isn't a ton of movement from outside the Top 100 unless there is a full blown explosion. Being in the hinterlands doesn't help with that.

BobStack- appreciate the effort but in future, please announce when a Video clip has absolutely no Wake recruits or even potential recruits. I kept waiting for a Shelton mention or anything to do with Wake.

RE: Devin- at the end of his junior year it was a little generous to say 6'7/220 and was a post player. That's a tough size. By the end of his senior year, he was pushing 6'9/240.

There usually isn't a ton of movement from outside the Top 100 unless there is a full blown explosion. Being in the hinterlands doesn't help with that.

If he weighs 240+ he hides it well.

Back