• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

There's no "historical revisionism". Comparing the ratings of centers in 2012 to 2013 is apples to oranges. Those things happen. This year there are three PGs in the top 10 players. Last year there were three in the Top 30.

Overall this is a bad year. Thus trying to compare a guy ranked #30 or #130 this year to a similar number this year is not relevant.

I showed how dramatic this could be when I linked lists from 2003 vs. 2005. This could be almost as big a difference.

Overall this is a bad year. Thus trying to compare a guy ranked #30 or #130 this year to a similar number this year is not relevant.

Who was doing that? Chris was pointing out that they must have changed their methodology because Greg has a lower number rating than Andre. I think he's right.

Who is comparing #30 to #130? It's reasonable to compare relative to overall or positional rankings. But to do so, you need to take any comparisons with a grain of salt.

Again you see my posts and try change them to start shit.

REREAD this and then admit you are wrong:

"Overall this is a bad year. Thus trying to compare a guy ranked #30 or #130 this year to a similar number this year is not relevant.

It's abotu simialr number #30 this year to #30 in another year or 130 this year to 130 in another...of course I did make one mistake. It should have been #30 or #130 in 2012 to a similar number this year.

It should have been #30 or #130 in 2012 to a similar number this year.

Is business slow today or something? Not wrong, so I'm not admitting I'm wrong. We're not even in conversation. I was just commenting before the shills started to come out and say that Andre would have been a 4* in 2013.

Sorry, Charles. Thank you clarifying with the above, though.

ETA: softened language

Last edited:
BINGO.....

Actually very busy. but all of it is emailing and talking on phone.

I'd love to see that at Wake over time.

Does anybody have an idea of why we haven't offered Sidy Mohamed Djitte? He's been mentioned in connection to us before, but on his ESPN page I only see him listed with offers from Memphis and VCU with interest from NC State and Missouri.

Any ideas, ITK'ers?

Does anybody have an idea of why we haven't offered Sidy Mohamed Djitte? He's been mentioned in connection to us before, but on his ESPN page I only see him listed with offers from Memphis and VCU with interest from NC State and Missouri.

Any ideas, ITK'ers?

No clue...maybe he has questionable academics.

No clue...maybe he has questionable academics.

Academics aren't an issue with him. He wants to be a doctor and attend a strong school academically. I don't know if the staff is still pursuing him or not but if not it may be b/c he is still more of a project big at this point. He has good size and mobility and would be able to defend and rebound fairly well right off the bat but would not be able to contribute much offensively aside from tip ins and garbage buckets. Since we've invested in a lot of project bigs lately I don't know if the staff would want to take on another one or not.. we'll see.

I think he would be a good pick up though. Good size, good mobility, plays hard, smart kid, and has only been playing organized basketball for a couple years

Agreed with steve. Just because you want to go to a good school doesn't mean you can hang.

I spoke to Sidy's guardian (person he is living with in the States), and he told me he is an A/B student

That was at a tournament earlier in the summer when I spoke to his guardian. I also forgot to mention that Sidy hurt his ankle pretty bad and is out for the rest of the summer. Really too bad for him b/c his recruitment was really starting to pick up and that will definitely hurt his chances of getting more HM offers

Academics aren't an issue with him. He wants to be a doctor and attend a strong school academically. I don't know if the staff is still pursuing him or not but if not it may be b/c he is still more of a project big at this point. He has good size and mobility and would be able to defend and rebound fairly well right off the bat but would not be able to contribute much offensively aside from tip ins and garbage buckets. Since we've invested in a lot of project bigs lately I don't know if the staff would want to take on another one or not.. we'll see.

I think he would be a good pick up though. Good size, good mobility, plays hard, smart kid, and has only been playing organized basketball for a couple years

I don't think this is an issue. We're pursuing exactly one realistic big man prospect right now in '13 and '14. Ideally, he'd be growing into the role behind Green and Dre.

That was at a tournament earlier in the summer when I spoke to his guardian. I also forgot to mention that Sidy hurt his ankle pretty bad and is out for the rest of the summer. Really too bad for him b/c his recruitment was really starting to pick up and that will definitely hurt his chances of getting more HM offers

Wouldn't this be all the more reason for our staff to get him an offer? Sounds like a legit center prospect that will fly under the radar for awhile.

Back