• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

D.Moore has done some good things in the second half against top competition. He had three dunks and a jump shot. New ESPN rankings come out later this week.

He did look pretty physical, and had a really nice oop that the camera guy wasn't fast enough to get all of.

http://wakeforest.247sports.com/Bolt/Harry-Giles-is-the-top-big-man-in-2016-34883404

Harry Giles is the top big man in 2016

2016 big man Harry Giles reminds many of a young Danny Manning, and it he showed why during the 2015 Bass Pro Tournament of Champions in Springfield, MO. Giles averaged 18 points and 13 rebounds over his three games in Springfield, and helped lead his Wesleyan Christian team to a spot in the finals.

The blurb is produced by KU 247's Matt Scott, who predicted Giles to Wake earlier this week (and probably took the analogy from Eric Bossi's tweet)

Compared to what he is capable of, he really didn't have a great weekend. Good for them to get out of state and play really high level competition again this week though.

Yet he put up something around 25/13 against a team with many elite prospects.

Yet he put up something around 25/13 against a team with many elite prospects.

Compared to what he is capable of, he really didn't have a great weekend. Good for them to get out of state and play really high level competition again this week though.

Ya, I agree. Watched both the semis and the final and he seemed a bit more passive in both games than I expected. Plus, they seemed a bit static at times and I was surprised they didn't run HG thru the top of the key that much to probe the middle of that zone. However, Oak Hill's front court was pretty big 3-5 and they just sat in the 2-1-2 / 3-2 and dared WCA to shoot 3's or work the baseline. But more than anything, found it odd that Harry missed so many dunks, wondering if fatigue caught up to him as they have been playing a ton of games since mid-December.

Got a chance to check out Crawford over the weekend. Had a nice game. 14 points, probably 6 or 7 dimes. Didn't play much in the 2nd half, competition was lacking.

Definitely has nice balance to his game, not a chucker by any means. Pass-first and slash seems to be his main priority, he plays quick and moves well without the ball. His best passes were in the open court and also had some nice alley-oop type lobs in to their bigs. Knocked down an NBA range three early, but I think only took one other shot from long range. Missed a few free throws :)willynilly:), I think he was 3-5, but rotation and everything looks nice. A much better shooter than Codi or Madison that's for sure, but probably not quite as polished a shot as MW yet. Definitely can play a combo roll alongside MW. Encouraging that he has bulked up since last year (his junior year). He's no Codi in terms of strength (somewhere between CMM and MJ) but he is very fit with long arms and is getting stronger.

Someone to keep an eye on this Gonzaga team is Myles Dread. He's only a freshman and comes off their bench, no idea where he will end up ranking-wise. He's built like a freaking truck and is one of the most aggressive on-ball defenders I've ever seen. Just a menace out there.

In the 1.5 games I watched, I didn't get the feeling Childress, Giles, or Parker's talents were being maximized. Parker's athleticism was particularly muted except on alley oops and a few breaks. He really needs to be used slashing to the basket.

"Myles Dread" is an awesome name for a player with that profile. Thanks TwentyONE. Love hearing more about Crawford.

But more than anything, found it odd that Harry missed so many dunks, wondering if fatigue caught up to him as they have been playing a ton of games since mid-December.

I, too, was shocked by this. He never misses dunks, maybe it was fatigue. I did notice his left thumb was taped in the championship game (but didn't notice it in Friday's game) so maybe he hurt his thumb and that was affecting him. Who knows.

Great scouting report 21, wish we could see a Gonzaga game live on TV or youtube. I cannot wait to get this kid in the black and gold. Think he may really enhance our prospects next year and give us more of the balance we need (i.e. perimeter D size, slashing and finishing, FT shooting and other intangibles that help win close games at crunch time). Should be a very nice back court rotation with CMM, BC, MW, MJ and a little bit of Crab sprinkled in.

PH, I agree, thought they could have been much more dynamic. You get the feeling that they generally get away with their less than ambitious offensive attack thanks to the sheer dominance of Harry in the paint and their wing athleticism against most teams with equal or inferior competition. And I feel like Buckland should get more opportunities to slash and dish, but he tends to get a little out of control sometimes because his touches are spotty and he ends up forcing. And Kwe could be doing so much more for sure. Oh one last thing, as good a ball-handler as Chill is, it really makes no sense why they don't use more high PnR with Giles to not only take advantage of Chill's ability to drive and dish, but also Harry's outside touch. And by pulling the other team's bigs away from the paint it will free up Kwe and Jalen for more cuts. Then again, Oak Hill played zone exclusively and the sloppy start simply killed their chances.

And while I'm not looking forward to playing FSU with Bacon in the lineup, he really is a treat to watch...so smooth and polished. Don't think he missed one single finish the entire game and he had many.

Great post, Why. The lack of any PnR killed me especially with a slasher. Wouldn't mind seeing more of this from Wilbekin and Dinos while we're talking about it.

Is Buckland a low major prospect at all?

Someone to keep an eye on this Gonzaga team is Myles Dread. He's only a freshman and comes off their bench, no idea where he will end up ranking-wise. He's built like a freaking truck and is one of the most aggressive on-ball defenders I've ever seen. Just a menace out there.

So you would say Dread locks down as a defender?

Back