• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Your assumption is correct. They're in different worlds and both Devin and CMM are incredibly flawed in comparison, I just recognize that they're the players that make our current team go. Would we be better if they could hit free throws? Hell yeah, that's obvious. Do I see anyone else on our roster who's ready to take over a game on a consistent basis? Not yet, so I give credit where credit's due.

Gotcha.

The fact that Collins dunks everything when he's near the basket (often in traffic) shows he's an above the rim player. Not sure how anyone could draw a different conclusion.
James Johnson was a great player for us. Handled like a guard but hung out on the perimeter too much his freshman year. He really showed an ability to improve his game and was absolutely our most effective player in the last 12-15 games of his Soph year.

I'm kind of expecting Collins to start at the 4 immediately, with Moore taking a bit longer to develop. Should be an interesting battle between Madison and Crawford for playing time.

I'm kind of expecting Collins to start at the 4 immediately, with Moore taking a bit longer to develop. Should be an interesting battle between Madison and Crawford for playing time.

Agree on the first point, but I don't see Crawford having any problems getting playing time over Madison Jones.

Brick Oettenger of ACCsports.com/ACC Sports Journal has stated BChill is top 75, but hasn't released rankings yet.

He should be in my opinion, he's better than Kwe. Better all-around game and shooter. He defers to Harry, Kwe and JJ. No doubt about that. Just being the quintessential best teammate he can be.

A freshman could always struggle to steal time from a senior just based on experience alone, and he'll probably be behind Wilbekin as well. Collins is coming into an open position with Leonard graduating.

I'm really curious to see how Crawford's game transitions to the ACC. I think it's just as likely he's our starting PG a month into the season than it is he's splitting time with Madison off the bench in relief of Wilbekin. Hard to know. I'm big on all 3 incoming guys though so to me it's more of a questions of when than if.

Hoops Hype Canada @HoopsHypeCA
Per reliable source 2016 6'9" Nolan Narain (La Lumiere) has picked up an offer from the Wake Forest Demon Deacons #NCAAdreams

Hoops Hype Canada @HoopsHypeCA
Per reliable source 2016 6'9" Nolan Narain (La Lumiere) has picked up an offer from the Wake Forest Demon Deacons #NCAAdreams

DM loves making offers! btw IslandDeac, nice avatar.

A freshman could always struggle to steal time from a senior just based on experience alone, and he'll probably be behind Wilbekin as well. Collins is coming into an open position with Leonard graduating.

Isn't it possible that we would move Devin to the 4 and let Doral start at 5?

DC explains that above. He expects Moore to take longer to develop. I agree.

I think we'll see Collins or Dinos take over at the 4 with the other playing considerable minutes. I think Moore will take over Washington's current role. I think Rountree and Washington will play sparingly in the post now that Manning has his first full class.

I feel like Collins is a bigger unknown than Moore, we know Moore can ball because of the talent he plays with and against every day, but I could see Collins really struggling against talent near his caliber. I mean has Collins really every been challenged? It feels like he is playing against kids that will eventually end up playing intramurals in college.

He played AAU, some of the mix tapes this spring/summer had a little more than dunks. He's def seen higher level competition, just not as consistently.

oh okay, I do believe that Collins will fit very well in Manning's system pushing tempo. Despite my concerns, I am very excited to see what he can do. I can already picture him being on the receiving end of a lot of fast break alley oops. Getting the Joel HYPED!

I think I agree with DeacATS. He doesn't look like an above the rim player but that's nit picking and judging off videos. Neither is Devin and he does well.

I'll bet the ranch that Collins plays above the rim next year. He's taller than Devin and he elevates much higher and more quickly .

I feel like Collins is a bigger unknown than Moore, we know Moore can ball because of the talent he plays with and against every day, but I could see Collins really struggling against talent near his caliber. I mean has Collins really every been challenged? It feels like he is playing against kids that will eventually end up playing intramurals in college.

C'mon. Haven't you seen the video where he schools Tacko Fall? :D

Back