• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Collins looks a lot like James Johnson in that clip. Ability to get to the hole and finish with contact stands out

I said Collins reminded me of a lesser athletic Johnson a few months back. They have a similar presence around the basket.

Keeping in mind that I know nothing about anything:

Collins looks solid... good size & strength. But he also looks like he's playing against guys that are nowhere near his height (or skill set)... tough to know how immediately he can make an impact on the college level. One other thing I've noticed from watching online videos of his game (and this is nit-picking)... he doesn't look like a quick/explosive jumper. And on a lot of these dunks, he is barely getting above the rim. I feel dumb for writing that, and I am probably not describing it well. Feel free to tell me I am crazy.

Childress is small. I don't care. He's got a great shot and he looks plenty quick to me. Perhaps not an explosive athlete, but neither is Wilbekin (and we all seem to like him so far).

Although he's skilled and a good leader, BChill is pretty short with unimpressive quickness and athleticism. I can see why there's not a consensus on his potential.

Randolph couldn't dunk and wasnt lightning quick. Skill counts for something in basketball . BChill is plenty quick , has a great handle , court vision and shooting ability . And he knows how to play the game. I'm damn excited that BChill will be a Deacon. Watching two of our guards with athletic ability and no skill( not Wilbekin) frustrates the hell out of me.

Collins has great hops. He appears to be an explosive leaper. It would be preferable if he were on a team like WCA or Montverde but I see him making an immediate impact at WFU. He and Doral Moore would have helped negate UNC's huge size advantage last night. Crawford would have given us a very skilled and athletic guard to help Wilbekin score from the perimeter. Can't wait for next year and 2016-17.

I would swap a bit of athleticism for some brains and work ethic.

Please elaborate. What did JJ ever do, other than be honest, that Teague or Aminu didn't? Guy didn't care about school and made that known. I got that. Yet, he played hard, worked hard, and turned himself into a better NBA player than the vast majority of kids who have the same ranking coming out of high school. #hatersgonnahate

I think I agree with DeacATS. He doesn't look like an above the rim player but that's nit picking and judging off videos. Neither is Devin and he does well.

Please elaborate. What did JJ ever do, other than be honest, that Teague or Aminu didn't? Guy didn't care about school and made that known. I got that. Yet, he played hard, worked hard, and turned himself into a better NBA player than the vast majority of kids who have the same ranking coming out of high school. #hatersgonnahate

This is subjective, but I don't agree that he played or worked that hard at Wake, certainly not night in and night out. I do think he was one of the best physical specimens we have ever had.

This is subjective, but I don't agree that he played or worked that hard at Wake, certainly not night in and night out. I do think he was one of the best physical specimens we have ever had.

Subjective as in-- you just decided you don't like him and this motivates you to go out of your way to disparage him on the internet for no apparent reason and to no discernible end. Got it. For a kid that was deadset on making it to the NBA it would seem irrational that he would then not play hard or work hard at his craft. I'm not disputing he was a shitty student and had knothead moments. I'm just calling you out for being "that guy" still bitching about imaginary failings of players how many years later. Feel free to continue being a bitch and retaliatory neg rep some more.

Our fan base has a history of being hypersensitive to the flaws of our best players. It's happening now with Devin and CMM. It happened back in 09 with JJ and Teague. I did it to Ish. People were crazy butt hurt about CP3 at the end of his sophomore year. It's easy to be frustrated because we're losing games because our play makers "aren't doing enough" but it's really not fair to them.

Yeah I guess when you can't find a gleaming flaw in a player certain people point to "lazy" a lot because they left early. Yet I'm sure more than 99% of posters do not know a players work ethic.

Our fan base has a history of being hypersensitive to the flaws of our best players. It's happening now with Devin and CMM. It happened back in 09 with JJ and Teague. I did it to Ish. People were crazy butt hurt about CP3 at the end of his sophomore year. It's easy to be frustrated because we're losing games because our play makers "aren't doing enough" but it's really not fair to them.

I'm going to assume you're not comparing Devin and CMM to JJ and Teague in terms of talent.

People were doing backflips to defend Dino back in the day. The easiest way to do that was to blame the talent like they did with Skip before him.

I'm going to assume you're not comparing Devin and CMM to JJ and Teague in terms of talent.

Your assumption is correct. They're in different worlds and both Devin and CMM are incredibly flawed in comparison, I just recognize that they're the players that make our current team go. Would we be better if they could hit free throws? Hell yeah, that's obvious. Do I see anyone else on our roster who's ready to take over a game on a consistent basis? Not yet, so I give credit where credit's due.

Back