• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

It's more than that. We're nervous because it's a large class and a defining class. We're all too familiar with the devastating effects of being stuck with a large, ineffective class.

We know Manning can get our name associated with the elite on some level. The chances are much better than 50-50, IMO, that he'll need to land a backup plan at some point this year. The quality of that backup plan is key, as we saw in the late Prosser and redacted eras. And we just don't know what DM will do in that case yet.

Yet there's also the intrigue that comes with the possibility that it could be a historically great class as well, regardless of how likely we think that is. Truly, this class could go anywhere from disastrous to historic.

Add all that up and you get an obsessed fanbase hungry for answers and good news, waiting on the timetables of teenagers that, shockingly, don't sync with our own.

I don't think Manning is planning on taking a 7-man class with only 2 top-100 players.

Most of our other "big" classes have been chock-full of top 100 guys (4 in 2010, 3 in 2006, 3 in 2002, 4 in 1998)

The importance this board is placing on Giles is reaching absurd proportions.

While it would be nice to pick up Giles and Kwe, we simply need better players than what we have and Manning will do that. I would love to go from a borderline top 100 team to a top 10 team with one class, but we may have to simply get better incrementally. Not everyone is as good as Bz was at moving a team over 100 spots in the rankings in one season.

The importance this board is placing on Giles is reaching absurd proportions.

It's a big class and there has only been a lot of info about three players.

Good question. He wasn't the best player on his U-18 team.

It's a big class and there has only been a lot of info about three players.

Is that the fault of the coaches or the fault of the board?
We know Manning casts a wide net. Remember when the recruiting thread was titled "MOAR OFFERS" or something like that?
We don't have a Deac94 for basketball. Which given Wake's history in the revenues is kind of odd.

I hope it's the fault of the board.

Wonder if Syracuse players will be allowed to transfer and play immediately.

Agree...Reminds me of the love affair the board had with Mitchell last year.
This is on an entirely different plane. Giles is a junior. Bz is not the coach.

The wait is longer, and therefore more agonizing, but the possible reward could be infinitely greater.

Best just not to fret about it and see what happens with the whole class, Giles or not.

We have a lot of open 2016 offers, y'all. Look at the first post of this thread. This is a pretty quiet time in basketball recruiting for, what I hope would be, obvious reasons.

Not convinced getting Kwe is all that important.

He's important because he could help get Giles and it's a big class, so there's going to be at least a few players of his caliber. Better to have him than somebody worse. Would help to have an exciting dunker on the team as well.

We have a lot of open 2016 offers, y'all. Look at the first post of this thread. This is a pretty quiet time in basketball recruiting for, what I hope would be, obvious reasons.

Sure. But where is the hype for these guys? I guess I assume any player we had a legit chance at would be discussed here. We'd be following his playoff games, etc.

Kwe IS important. He is a 2 guard with extreme athleticism, improving jump shot, solid defender and good ball handler. He's not just a dunker. Very, very fast, tenacious player. Someone who will go hard 100% of the time.

Let me make this clear, we want him. He will make us a much better team. Great compliment guard to B Chill as well. 2 different style guards that are familiar with each other and play extremely well with one another. Add in B Crawford, whose skill set I see as a hybrid between the 2 of them, and we would have 3 outstanding guards

He's important because he could help get Giles and it's a big class, so there's going to be at least a few players of his caliber. Better to have him than somebody worse. Would help to have an exciting dunker on the team as well.

Sure. But where is the hype for these guys? I guess I assume any player we had a legit chance at would be discussed here. We'd be following his playoff games, etc.
What kind of hype are you looking for? I really think we will see a significant uptick in action on this thread once these guys are done with their HS seasons.

Back