• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

What kind of hype are you looking for? I really think we will see a significant uptick in action on this thread once these guys are done with their HS seasons.

He's important because he could help get Giles and it's a big class, so there's going to be at least a few players of his caliber. Better to have him than somebody worse. Would help to have an exciting dunker on the team as well.

Sure. But where is the hype for these guys? I guess I assume any player we had a legit chance at would be discussed here. We'd be following his playoff games, etc.

Also worth noting that, although it was under unique circumstances, we didn't offer any of our 2015 prospects until April/May and still got them all to commit by September.

BBall Recruiting Megathread 2k16 - Giles/Smith pare down lists; staff pursues...

Yeah the calendar will be scouting hard and making trips to see recruits in the spring/summer, get them to visit officially in the fall and get commits. Possibly a commit or two in July if things fall correctly.

I mean after the Cuse game Danny went to Texas, Florida and Georgia the following two days. Just because we don't post their every move doesn't mean they aren't crootin.

Trying to reconcile how getting 3 players from the same high school team that can't win a state title is going to make us immediate contenders for the top half of the ACC next year.

Trying to reconcile how getting 3 players from the same high school team that can't win a state title is going to make us immediate contenders for the top half of the ACC next year.

Actual coaching?

Only two played in the state title game (Kwe was out with a broken foot), they were the #2 ranked team in the country (they fell some, but the last ranking I saw had them #7), they're all only juniors, in high school basketball there is no shot clock so teams can (and did) slow it way down against them, and high school basketball in NC is very good.

To be fair, I think if Kwe had been available they would have fared better. But the coaching was definitely an issue.

Only two played in the state title game (Kwe was out with a broken foot), they were the #2 ranked team in the country (they fell some, but the last ranking I saw had them #7), they're all only juniors, in high school basketball there is no shot clock so teams can (and did) slow it way down against them, and high school basketball in NC is very good.

Beat me to it, TITCR.

Maybe but one's dad is a former NBA player and assistant coach of a former high major college. Do you think he would send his son to a private school with an idiot for a head coach?

I don't think the head coach is an idiot, but I saw the championship game in person and there was very little in the way of actual offensive sets. That + slowing the game down won it for GDS.

I believe they lost earlier in the season to them as well. Not sure if Kwe missed that game too.

And they also beat them later in the season. It was just a good team with senior guys and great coaching (literally, one of their forwards looked like he was 45).

lol did you guys really dignify gable's "why do we think some of the best high school players in the country would make us better" with a response?

Look at this guy and tell me he should be in high school:

13722803045_de00d905fd_c.jpg

Look at this guy and tell me he should be in high school:

13722803045_de00d905fd_c.jpg

Get over it, he is a great kid who is 6'6 and has now earned a college scholarship. Trying to infer that GDS was cheating or this kid is some sort of a liar is just poor form. No need to make excuses for a Weslyan team with way more talent then the team that beat them. If Harry can't beat him or he gets frustrated by a player like him, he is going to have a tough time at the next level.

All the Weslyan guys are talented and I want them in black and gold, but they can all learn a lot from that GDS team that as a whole is greater than the sum of their parts.

Get over it, he is a great kid who is 6'6 and has now earned a college scholarship. Trying to infer that GDS was cheating or this kid is some sort of a liar is just poor form. No need to make excuses for a Weslyan team with way more talent then the team that beat them. If Harry can't beat him or he gets frustrated by a player like him, he is going to have a tough time at the next level.

All the Weslyan guys are talented and I want them in black and gold, but they can all learn a lot from that GDS team that as a whole is greater than the sum of their parts.

It was a joke, Jesus. You GDS grads sure are a sensitive bunch.

Back