• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

There is some interwebs and twitter confusion as to his classification. It sounds like he initially reclassified as '16 and transferred to Monteverde but ultimately transferred back and stuck with '17. Can anyone confirm?

I have clarified. He has to stay in 2017 now. Too far behind from switching schools too many times.

Eh. Board narratives are funny like that. Here's a summary.

When Skip was hired...

"Oh man, Skip's an awesome recruiter! James Posey and David West!"

After Skip's first three classes...

"Oh wow! Skip kept Vytas Danielius! Skip beat out State for Eric Williams and Justin Gray! Skip got Chris Paul! This guy is awesome!!!!

After Skip passed...

"We'll be alright as long as we keep Skip's staff. No disrespect, but Dino Gaudio was the real ace recruiter. We've got to keep him to keep the AT&T class."

After Dino was fired...

"I know it's weird that [name redacted] didn't bring his own staff, but he had to keep Jeff Battle. Battle is one of the best recruiting assistants in the country! No disrespect to Skip, but Jeff Battle was the real ace recruiter. He would have been a great head coach if circumstances were different when Skip passed."

you forgot about former recruiting STUD pat kelsey

I saw that tweet and my heart sank. Don't feel too hot about those chances anymore.

Guys I saw the fatal flaws in the 2008-09 team in December. Just so you know. Y'all would do well to listen to me.

And you were worried about the state of affairs. Very worried. Those who weren't worried didn't care enough about our program. They should have been worried.

Harry Giles was always Plan i.

(A little math humor)

If we get Kwe and one of those big hog molly centers (or both) we will be aiiiight

Ugh

Dennis Smith Jr. @Jhooper_3 · 7m 7 minutes ago
@TheReal_HG3 @Im_that_dude22 well fellas....

Ok, I hate to be the old fart around here that doesn't do twitter, but who is saying "well fellas. . ." to whom? Harry to Dennis Smith? And who's im that dude22 again? And when was this tweeted?

Ugh

Dennis Smith Jr. @Jhooper_3 · 7m 7 minutes ago
@TheReal_HG3 @Im_that_dude22 �� well fellas....

812058-1607-1-th.jpg

Ok, I hate to be the old fart around here that doesn't do twitter, but who is saying "well fellas. . ." to whom? Harry to Dennis Smith? And who's im that dude22 again? And when was this tweeted?

Dennis Smith to Jayson Tatum and Harry Giles (after the championship game): "well fellas..."

Good lord you guys read a lot into a tweet... And do you really think Duke winning changed anything? "Oh, now Duke has won FIVE titles so they are clearly really good so I think I'll go there. FOUR was OK but really not that impressive."

Good lord you guys read a lot into a tweet... And do you really think Duke winning changed anything? "Oh, now Duke has won FIVE titles so they are clearly really good so I think I'll go there. FOUR was OK but really not that impressive."

I agree with this. And also that we will not get any of those guys. When, why, how is irrelevant.

Fair enough. Our recruiting angle has to be something like 'sure, go to Dook and be another notch in K's the headboard, or come to Wake and be a legend that built something new and never seen before.'

To me, not landing Giles or Smith or any top 10 player is not program (or soul) crushing for Wake, but having them go to dook just sucks man. Fuck Dook.

Fair enough. Our recruiting angle has to be something like 'sure, go to Dook and be another notch in K's the headboard, or come to Wake and be a legend that built something new and never seen before.'

To me, not landing Giles or Smith or any top 10 player is not program (or soul) crushing for Wake, but having them go to dook just sucks man. Fuck Dook.

This is where I'm at too. I still think there's an outside chance for us to get Giles, especially if a big time C commits sometime this fall. But Fuck Duke.

At this point I hope Duke gets Giles, Tatum, and Smith. If that is the case, it allows K to coach the Olympics in the summer of 2016 and then come back for one last season with those guys in 2016-2017 to win it all, them go pro, and he retire. Barring a (Danny and the) miracle, we're not winning shit in the next few years anyway. If we can line it up so we only have 2 more seasons of the Head Rat before Amaker or Wojo or Hurley takes over, at this point I'll take it. Fuck you, [Redacted].

Back