• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

At this point I hope Duke gets Giles, Tatum, and Smith. If that is the case, it allows K to coach the Olympics in the summer of 2016 and then come back for one last season with those guys in 2016-2017 to win it all, them go pro, and he retire. Barring a (Danny and the) miracle, we're not winning shit in the next few years anyway. If we can line it up so we only have 2 more seasons of the Head Rat before Amaker or Wojo or Hurley takes over, at this point I'll take it. Fuck you, [Redacted].

Ok, I could live with this...only I hope they just promote Scheyer and absolutely suck for 3 years.

I am not confident that K winning another championship is going to convince him he doesn't want to coach anymore. So far, the only that that convinced him to stop coaching was a shitty team/start to a season.

Harry Giles likes Manning and Chill a lot. I've been warm about our chances for a while, but then I remember that Harry is a kid and he's thoroughly enjoying the recruiting process. He also likes messing with people...but I know he likes our staff.

I think he'll go to dook, but I'm not completely writing off Manning and Chill yet. That's a lot of swag to resist.

Good lord you guys read a lot into a tweet... And do you really think Duke winning changed anything? "Oh, now Duke has won FIVE titles so they are clearly really good so I think I'll go there. FOUR was OK but really not that impressive."

this was the first one and done team that K had that made a deep run into the tourney. That's why it was so damaging.

Dan McHale (new EKU coach) was leading the recruitment of Malik Ellison for MN, so that could help WF in the pursuit of Ellison. However, the younger Pitino has been involved a lot himself as well.

If Harry is coming to Wake, then a National Title by Duke isn't going to change anything. He has three very distinct options.

1. Play for a NBA factory in the SEC.
2. Play for a Hall of Fame coach in the ACC.
3. Play for a Hall of Fame basketball player in your hometown.

I think it is us or Duke to be honest. Nobody cares about the SEC regular season, whereas the ACC is a juggernaut and is only going to gain more and more exposure as the talent pool increases.

I still say Giles chooses Wake. Probably be wishful thinking, but his college choice isn't going to affect his NBA draft status, and I think he would enjoy his time developing under Manning, with some of his closest friends, in the gym that he grew up attending games. He has a chance to continue the legacy of Rogers, Duncan, and Paul and be the next great Wake Forest player.

Im drinking in the Kool Aid until Giles shatters the pitcher. I just can't see a kid that grew up a Wake Forest fan choosing to suit up for Coach K. I respect K's coaching ability, but his NBA development is pretty spotty for the most part, considering all the talent he has come through Cameron. Deacs are going to get Harry, and this board is going to lose its collective marbles.

Would he rather keep playing with Brandon and Kwe and keep playing at home? Or would he rather play down the road with Tatum and Smith and contend for a championship?

Would he rather keep playing with Brandon and Kwe and keep playing at home? Or would he rather play down the road with Tatum and Smith and contend for a championship?

At Duke, he would be a piece of the puzzle on a sure-lock contender, leave after one season and be another 10 ten lotto pick from Duke. "Farm System"

At Wake, he would be hands down the best player on a team that he could turn into a contender in one season. Definitely won't be the best team, but if he's up for a REAL challenge, he could come to Wake and be the guy that brings us back to where we were 10 years ago. He definitely has the talent to be a one man wrecking machine. We already have some solid role players to plug in around him. "Legacy"

It really depends on what he wants. Go to Duke- you're just another great player to come through. Come to Wake and you will be a walking legend in winston-salem for the rest of your life. I'm not saying one is better than the other. Duke is a more sure-thing than Wake. But at Wake, he would build a legacy far greater than he could at any other school that he is considering.

Deuce Bello is transfering from Missouri and eligible immediately.

Not that it's very relevant to recruits, but K's 99 team made a deep run with a bunch of 1 and 2 year guys, and Deng made a deep run in his one year at Duke (04 I believe).

since the rule was formally instituted. i'm talking irving, parker, etc

Back