• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

I just got back from a weekend in Atlanta. Seemed okay to me.

image.jpg

From Scout's EYBL write-up: It was a good weekend for Howard Washington who showed a tremendous ability to use ball screens and make the right play. Also Washington shot the ball fairly well, and looked the part of a high-major guard. Schools like Wake Forest, Butler, and Xavier are all turning up the heat on Washington who looks like he could play either guard spot going forward. (4*)

Markelle Fultz already seemed not too likely of committing to WF but the following article should make it even more clear that WF is not in play for Fultz (instead it seems his top schools are Kentucky, Louisville, Ohio State, and Arizona).

From Rivals article this weekend:
"By now, many are familiar with shooting guard Markelle Fultz's story. In his first year of varsity ball at Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha he earned player of the year honors in the WCAC, arguably the toughest high school conference in America. Friday night, the No. 24 player in the class of 2016 showed that his winter play was no flash in the pan as he turned in a sparkling 20-point performance to lead the DC Blue Devils to an overtime win over We R1.

Standing 6-foot-4, Fultz has a complete game. He created one shot after another with his ball handling. His bread and butter is his mid-range game but he is plenty athletic to finish around the rim and he is showing that he can perhaps play some point guard for stretches.

Fultz has spent the winter and spring racking up offers from programs such as Arizona, Cincinnati, DePaul, Maryland, Memphis, Louisville, N.C. State, Ohio State, Texas, Washington, Xavier and many more.

Last weekend, Fultz had the opportunity to check out Louisville and Kentucky on unofficial visits. UK hasn't offered yet, but the Wildcats have positioned themselves well if they do.

"When I get that Kentucky offer they're going to be high on my list," Fultz said. "I really like Kentucky along with a lot of other top schools like Louisville and Ohio State."

Two weekends from now, Fultz will take his first official visit when he heads to Tucson to see Sean Miller's Arizona program. The Wildcats are also in good position but for now Fultz says he's planning on using all five visits.

"I'm taking my time because this is the only decision I have in my life for college," said Fultz. "I'm definitely going to take my time and take all five officials."

basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1768681

On Curtis Jones (not sure of the source, found the info on a Georgetown board)
Jones said Indiana remains aggressive with its recruitment of him along with several other programs.

"Georgetown, Wake Forest, NC State, Texas, Pittsburgh, Florida, North Carolina, Missouri, Miami a couple others," Jones said.

He didn't have a firm date but Johnson added that he plans a visit to Georgetown fairly soon. He wasn't aware of any other campus trips on his docket.

A little overview of Dixon from his HS coach (who admittedly is trying to get him a college scholarship):
Napier said Dixson has tremendous talent and averaged 22 points and 10.5 rebounds per game playing shooting guard and small forward. "He's still a little bit raw and still got a lot to learn, but he's freakishly athletic. He can handle the ball and has great quickness for a guy 6-7. He can shoot it well from the outside but he does need to get in the weight room and add some strength. And he can guard. He can guard anyone from the two to the four position."

Kirk is the higher ranked across the various recruiting sites and had the better offers. But the rankings are close except for the ridiculous spike that Kirk got on 247 when it looked like he was Kentucky bound.

Who is the better prospect? Dikembe Dixson or Shaun Kirk?
Yeah, if we had Kirk in the bag had we offered and instead settle for this guy, woof. Hopefully we're just covering all the bases here.

Probably because Childress looks so similar to Teague on the court.

Kirk is the higher ranked across the various recruiting sites and had the better offers. But the rankings are close except for the ridiculous spike that Kirk got on 247 when it looked like he was Kentucky bound.

Yeah, if we had Kirk in the bag had we offered and instead settle for this guy, woof. Hopefully we're just covering all the bases here.

Wasn't there some conjecture that Kirk had some academic issues? He does seem like a similar player to Dixson, so I don't know of any other reason why we wouldn't offer Kirk, if we offer Dixson.

Also Dixson's mixtapes, according to BSD, are 2 years old. He did look raw, with obvious athleticism, but I'm sure he has improved in the past 2 years. He must be relatively "under the radar" if there are truly no other mixtapes out there.

Wasn't there some conjecture that Kirk had some academic issues? He does seem like a similar player to Dixson, so I don't know of any other reason why we wouldn't offer Kirk, if we offer Dixson.

Also Dixson's mixtapes, according to BSD, are 2 years old. He did look raw, with obvious athleticism, but I'm sure he has improved in the past 2 years. He must be relatively "under the radar" if there are truly no other mixtapes out there.

It was complete conjecture. I don't think any evidence was offered to support the hypothesis.

Back