• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Richard Washington update with plenty of Wake talk - http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1549986-washington-s-floor-game-impresses?s=75

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out between this guy, Kwe and Wright
I think you'll probably have to add in Curtis Jones and the SF prospects as well since WF seems to be looking for two complementary wings in 2016, whether they are a SG or a SF.

However, since Kwe is planning on committing somewhere by July, I wish WF would just get Kwe to commit here and then we could all debate over which other wing is the best fit for WF's current 2016-17 team and commits.

It appears Washington has a rep as a shooter, so pairing him with Kwe or Wright makes sense. When the head coach calls a couple times a week it makes me think he's a legit target.

Personally, I don't think putting Kwe and Wright together would be a good match although upgrading talent across the board is obviously a goal too.

Curt Jones would be a great get, but I don't like our chances there.

It appears Washington has a rep as a shooter, so pairing him with Kwe or Wright makes sense. When the head coach calls a couple times a week it makes me think he's a legit target.

Personally, I don't think putting Kwe and Wright together would be a good match although upgrading talent across the board is obviously a goal too.

Curt Jones would be a great get, but I don't like our chances there.
WF is not the favorite for Jones right now but I think it's still relatively doable to pick him up. WF is one of the schools that he always mentions so we're in his handful of schools that he is serious about.

Also, I agree with your assessment on pairing up a shooter with Kwe (or someone like him. While I'd optimally like to get both Kwe and Jones, at a minimum I would like to see Kwe commit and WF add a very proficient outside shooter at the other spot.

He's bulked up some but, it's difficult to tell about his explosiveness from such a short clip.

Yeah, I guess he's been lifting a lot while injured. Definitely his explosiveness was underwhelming on this clip (by his standards), but just give him some time.

Last edited:
UA event story with a B Chill blurb.

Brandon Childress - 5'11", 175 pound, Class of 2016 point guard, Wesleyan Christian (NC), DC Blue Devils 17u

The son of former DMV standout Randolph Childress and a future Wake Forest student athlete, Brandon proved himself a solid point guard during his first Blue Devil action, averaging 8.5 points and an assist per game.

Childress shot 75% from the free throw line, yet only 39.3% on overall shots, a mark influenced by his 20% clip from beyond the arc - he went a respectable 8-13 from inside the three point line. Those numbers indicate a needed point of improvement being long ball shooting, though it could have been impacted by not playing with this group of players before last weekend, a point shared by his Blue Devil 17u head coach, Corey McRae.
Brandon Childress can get to the rim.

Brandon can get into the lane, and needs to make that the center point of his offensive attack as everything else - passing, shooting - should stem from that. Is a floor leader that plays with moxie.

McRae loves what Childress brings to the table, labeling him an "Absolute true point guard", a "tough kid who takes and makes big shots".
---------

I wouldn't worry too much about the shooting percentage. He had a very good 3 pt% during high-school play.

Last edited:
UA event story with a B Chill blurb.

Brandon Childress - 5'11", 175 pound, Class of 2016 point guard, Wesleyan Christian (NC), DC Blue Devils 17u

The son of former DMV standout Randolph Childress and a future Wake Forest student athlete, Brandon proved himself a solid point guard during his first Blue Devil action, averaging 8.5 points and an assist per game.

Childress shot 75% from the free throw line, yet only 39.3% on overall shots, a mark influenced by his 20% clip from beyond the arc - he went a respectable 8-13 from inside the three point line. Those numbers indicate a needed point of improvement being long ball shooting, though it could have been impacted by not playing with this group of players before last weekend, a point shared by his Blue Devil 17u head coach, Corey McRae.
Brandon Childress can get to the rim.

Brandon can get into the lane, and needs to make that the center point of his offensive attack as everything else - passing, shooting - should stem from that. Is a floor leader that plays with moxie.

McRae loves what Childress brings to the table, labeling him an "Absolute true point guard", a "tough kid who takes and makes big shots".
---------

I wouldn't worry too much about the shooting percentage. He had a very good 3 pt% during high-school play.

Actually, those numbers indicate he went 3 for 15 from 3 pt range for a weekend tournament, and that the article writer needs to take a statistics course to understand sample size.

That blurb indicates that B Chill is effective at getting to the basket when his shot isn't falling. That's great news. No shooter can simply avoid have a tough weekend. He can compensate for it with other parts of his game.

Isn't this the same weekend where BC hit a 3 pointer at the end of the game to send it to overtime where his team won? Even when he had an off weekend from 3 point range he still wasn't afraid to take the shot at the end of regulation.

Isn't this the same weekend where BC hit a 3 pointer at the end of the game to send it to overtime where his team won? Even when he had an off weekend from 3 point range he still wasn't afraid to take the shot at the end of regulation.

Yes, it's the first shot in the video above.

A lot of mutual interest between Wake and JM Delaurier. We got in early on him. He's not ready to decide anytime soon.

Back