• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

No scholarship for him.

Good point. There was some chatter here yesterday that with UM denying his release, he might go somewhere and pay his way so he can play immediately. He went to an expensive private school in Memphis, so he might have the means.

Good point. There was some chatter here yesterday that with UM denying his release, he might go somewhere and pay his way so he can play immediately. He went to an expensive private school in Memphis, so he might have the means.

So Wake's tuition would immediately move us to the bottom of the list under that scenario. Thanks, Hatch.

Island, just a minor note but Iran Bennett and Team Wall never worked out for some reason. He'll be playing in the local Phenom Hoops events. Don't know if he is even being watched anymore. Recently took a visit to Charlotte after being offered.

Not directly related to Wake but Tatum to decide within 2 weeks. Could get the ball rolling on other big recruits like Giles depending on whether or not he stays home and goes to St. Louis, or chooses Duke.

If he picks St Louis I actually think that helps our chances with HG dramatically. If he see Tatum staying home to be a hometown legend it would be easy for him to think it would be cool to do the same. Also takes the whole package deal to Duke off the table and any under the radar recruiting JT could do with Harry

Is it given that we cannot get Smith if we do not get Giles?

Yeah, don't get why he would join a team that would battle for a bubble spot rather than UL, Duke, or State unless he could play with a guy like Giles and the team could compete right away

Goodman article on Giles: http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...16/after-injury-cut-harry-giles-soaring-again

Nothing we don't already know, however his HS Coach Gatlin compared him to Manning.

"The inevitable comparisons for his game have ranged from Kevin Durant to Kevin Garnett to Chris Bosh, but Giles' high school coach draws the link between Giles and a former Kansas star and No. 1 NBA draft pick who also happens to be one of the head coaches recruiting him.

"I see more Danny Manning in him than anyone else," Gatlin said. "Danny was handling the ball 20 years ago when big guys weren't doing that."

Giles has cut his list to eight schools -- Manning's Wake Forest team, along with Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas, Ohio State, Syracuse and UNLV. Many of his suitors offered him a scholarship back when he was a freshman, and stayed on him through his injury ordeal."

Island, just a minor note but Iran Bennett and Team Wall never worked out for some reason. He'll be playing in the local Phenom Hoops events. Don't know if he is even being watched anymore. Recently took a visit to Charlotte after being offered.
Hmm. Thanks. I guess the Adidas site just never updated the roster. I agree with you that I don't think Bennett is a strong consideration for Wake at this point.

Actually, I don't know of any other centers that are really being strongly considered except for Rodney Miller. WF has interest in Marques Bolden & Schnider Herard but I haven't read anything connecting WF and those two in a while plus Bolden is going to go to a blue blood school. So hopefully the coaches can lockdown Miller as there are no other known center prospects for WF right now.

This March we randomly went to "Warmer" on 247sports for Herard out of nowhere, and then nothing ever happened and we went back to "Cool" a month later. I think Miller is far and away the main target

UNC just got a prediction and SLU just got two predictions on Tatum's crystal ball projection (Duke did get one as well). I know it's largely just a guessing game for most of the people doing the predictions but it is still interesting to see predictions other than Duke since he was assumed to be a heavy Duke lean and could decide any day now. There was a (since deleted) tweet from a recruiting analyst that Tatum planned to announce his school choice at the Peach Jam.

Last edited:
Is it given that we cannot get Smith if we do not get Giles?

I think that is a given. We can get Giles without Smith, but I do not think we can get Smith without Giles. Honestly, the odds of landing both of them may be better than the odds of just landing one of them.

Last edited:
Commits from Kwe and Washington and Tatum off to SLU I think is the dream scenario at the end of the 3 live periods this month

Back