• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Since they would both be 1 year players I don't think it would affect them. We would just have a really guard heavy roster for a year. Would be a really good, highly unlikely scenario though.

I think we land those two this summer tho and Smith isn't going to decide until the fall. Washington would have to be the 3 in that class (with Smith or without him)

For someone who has just recently really gotten into our recruiting (me), can someone get me hyped about Washington? Again, I'm a recruiting rookie and only go by offer sheets, but the guy doesn't even have a pic up on 247...Someone sell me on him!

I think we land those two this summer tho and Smith isn't going to decide until the fall. Washington would have to be the 3 in that class (with Smith or without him)

State has heard that Smith's decision could come as early as Xmas.

State has heard that Smith's decision could come as early as Xmas.

Giles has said he wanted to decide before his senior season. If he sticks to that, then Giles' decision should come before Smith's. For Wake to have any shot, Giles has to be the first to decide.

Huh ? Is Wake drastically different than BC, Duke, ND or Vandy ?

Other than Duke, is he actually considering paying for any of those 3 schools? As opposed to the dozens of schools with tuition significantly cheaper than ours?

Manning doesn't follow recruits on Twitter?

He did it often for a while, but in the past 6 months it has been rare. It may or may not have anything to do with us "reporting" on it when there's a new one that's notable.

BBall Recruiting Megathread 2k16 - WF makes Dennis Smith's top-6; Kwe update

@EvanDaniels: 2016 wing Eli Wright looks much improved. Strong, physical driver. Has been aggressive off the bounce. Made a couple 3s. Impressive showing.

And Evan confirms that Danny was there to see it.

Still think we will end up with 2 of Washington, Wright and Kwe. Will probably give 2 more 'ships after that, a versatile big and a center perhaps.

Last edited:
Really like delaurier and wright. I sill don't know much about Washington despite the numerous mentions.

ICYMI, here's the article that made us aware that Wake was recruiting him pretty hard - http://www.scout.com/college/basket...549986-washington-s-floor-game-impresses?s=75

This and the videos that have been posted a few times is about all we have. Known as a shooter coming into the year, then I believe he transferred HS to get more exposure. Just trying to recall what I read in random local articles when first finding out about him.

Agreed, have heard lots of people really high on Washington, but I have not seen many other offers from upper level schools and his highlights are not that impressive. I'm not trying to be negative, but just trying to get a grasp on why so many are into him.

At the Adidas first round today, Wake Forest had coaches watching the following players:
SG Richard Washington
PF Javin DeLaurier
F Wenyen Gabriel
SG Mario Kegler
SF Jalen Johnson
SG Eli Wright

They likely watched Dennis Smith too but it was not confirmed on Twitter. I didn't see any tweets saying they watched any new players.

In related news, Brandon Childress had a good game at the Under Armour All-American Camp today. 11 pts but they rotated players a lot.

Agreed, have heard lots of people really high on Washington, but I have not seen many other offers from upper level schools and his highlights are not that impressive. I'm not trying to be negative, but just trying to get a grasp on why so many are into him.

His highlights aren't that impressive? I respectfully disagree. He looks like a genuine ball player. Sign him up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5i8fPEelRo

Here's a list of tomorrow's games involving WF recruits. With the Peach Jam getting started, there are a lot of games everyday for the rest of the week so I cut out some of the extraneous players that are not that likely to be coming to WF.

• BRANDON CHILDRESS
    • DC Blue Devils (UAA)
      • Under Armour All-American Camp
  • DENNIS SMITH JR.
    • Team Loaded NC (Adidas)
      • 7/9 - 1:40pm vs NY Rens

• ELI WRIGHT
    • Hoop Dreams (Adidas)
      • 7/9 - 1:40pm vs Team Fast Elite
  • MARIO KEGLER
    • MBA Hoops (Adidas)
      • 7/9 - 3:00pm vs Utah Prospects