• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Dennis Smith is just nasty. I found a high school video a while back of him as a freshman and Rountree as a Senior. Basically all the highlights were of Smith.

Dennis Smith is just nasty. I found a high school video a while back of him as a freshman and Rountree as a Senior. Basically all the highlights were of Smith.

Actually Smith was an 8th grader in that video.

Weird I can't find that video now. I think I posted it awhile back. Rountree must have petitioned to get it taken off the interwebs. Smith made him look foolish.

After watching some the Mass Rival's early game today, I'm pretty impressed with Wenyen Gabriel. If WF misses out on Giles, I would be pretty content to get Gabriel on board based off of his ranking, past videos, and what he's done thus far in the tournament.

Also, Eli Wright had 20 points today in his game. He played well but his shooting percentage was not too great today (compared to yesterday).

Wright's timing for his official is interesting because I think Kwe commits ultimately before the end of the month, and I'm wondering if Washington might pull the trigger too after the Live period. If they both commit, there's no spot left for another guard. I think ultimately I'd prefer Wright the most out of the 3

If Kwe still wants to take a visit or two, including Wake, he won't be able to do that until August. Think he prob decides in Aug if I had to guess unless he feels like his spot is getting taken.

I am wondering if Kwe thinks he is better than he is. If he is overplaying his hand.

Lavar Batts 2017 NC PG has two excellent games. Hopefully we are on him as a top priority.

Wright's timing for his official is interesting because I think Kwe commits ultimately before the end of the month, and I'm wondering if Washington might pull the trigger too after the Live period. If they both commit, there's no spot left for another guard. I think ultimately I'd prefer Wright the most out of the 3
I agree and I'd prefer Eli Wright too. With the coaches bringing in Wright for an official visit, they have to be pretty high on him so I don't think the coaches would fill up their guard scholarships before they get a feel on Eli Wright and how likely he is to choose WF. But his decision timeline also matters since he is either going to decide in the fall (prep year) or in the spring (stays with same HS). The coaches might not be willing to wait until the spring for his decision but would likely be willing to wait until Sept/Oct if they had a good feeling from him.

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ
Harry Giles says "good chance" he and Tatum play together. If so, he says it'll be UK, Wake or Duke.

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ 5m5 minutes ago

Actually, Giles corrected himself. UNC, Duke or Kentucky if he and Tatum pick the same school.

If you read the whole thread looks like both to Duke.

Last edited:
I think Duke winning the national championship with 1 and dones will reap great harvests for Duke for several years to come.

And now it comes out from a different person that Giles and Tatum were both a lot less certain than "a good chance" that they team up together. So who knows what is going on.

Last edited:
Wenyen Gabriel had a monster second game today. 18 pts and 15 rebs.

Richard Washington had a great game as well tonight. 17 pts, 4 rebs, 4 asts with 5 pts and the game winning steal & assist in OT.

The thing is if we take Wright and Kwe, then the guard spot is really crowded for a couple years. Wilbekin, Crawford, Woods, Childress, Wright, and Parker all at 6'4 and under. That would lead to a heck of a lot of small ball lineups. If we land Washington, based on the other guys we are heavily targeting, he's going to play a lot more 3 than 2

The thing is if we take Wright and Kwe, then the guard spot is really crowded for a couple years. Wilbekin, Crawford, Woods, Childress, Wright, and Parker all at 6'4 and under. That would lead to a heck of a lot of small ball lineups. If we land Washington, based on the other guys we are heavily targeting, he's going to play a lot more 3 than 2
I'd personally prefer Washington and Wright.

Yeah agree on Washington and Wright and both could play either wing spot if necessary I think. Wouldn't get too caught up in 2 vs 3 for 6'4-6'6 guys.

Back