• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

“He’s still got all eight schools,” Harry Giles Sr. told SNY.tv after CP3, with Chris Paul on the bench, destroyed Team Penny, led by Penny Hardaway, 83-59, at the Peach Jam. “Hopefully in the next couple of months we’ll narrow it down and hopefully by November we’ll make a decision where we want to go. Before the start of the college season or right in the beginning of it.”

http://zagsblog.com/articles/harry-giles-planning-fall-decision/

All my hard work is paying off. The last guy never followed any of my suggestions!

Was breakdown of the eight schools new or a cut and paste? It looked very familiar.

Coaches Pitino, McCaffrey, Capel, Manning, Leitao & Painter as well as Arizona, Nova, Texas, Bama & Cal assistants for Takeover vs Mac Irvin

I assume DJ Harvey is Manning's primary interest in this game.

Last edited:
I'm too lazy to repost a tweet but Harry Giles leg is killing him

According to the box scores, Rodney Miller hasn't played a minute yet for his AAU team this week. Wonder if he's injured or just not with the team.

According to the box scores, Rodney Miller hasn't played a minute yet for his AAU team this week. Wonder if he's injured or just not with the team.
I just looked back and it seems like he was only a member of the team for one tournament (April 10-12). Trying to find if he has another AAU team that he regularly plays with.

Alot of the Wake people from Winston in the know that i talk to seem to all think Giles is Dukes to lose. Pretty much all think hes waiting for the package with Tatum to get going. With that said ive lost all hope in Giles to Wake. Gimme Childress, Eli Wright, R Washington, DeLaurier and Harry Froling and thats a pretty damn good class. the type of class that can get us back.

“He’s still got all eight schools,” Harry Giles Sr. told SNY.tv after CP3, with Chris Paul on the bench, destroyed Team Penny, led by Penny Hardaway, 83-59, at the Peach Jam. “Hopefully in the next couple of months we’ll narrow it down and hopefully by November we’ll make a decision where we want to go. Before the start of the college season or right in the beginning of it.”

Manning should be able to knock kansas right off that list based on Giles' comments...
Just tell the kid - "You do realize that Im the reason Kansas is known for developing bigs right?"

We.

Based on a quick google, this is the first time Giles' dad has been quoted.

why are we not hearing more about Jalen Johnson? Are just not that interested?

Here's today's action. A lot more variation of where players will be playing today as a lot are playing in smaller tournaments today. Times are listed for the Nike, Adidas Finale, and Phenom Hoops events. The Under Armour camp game times are flexible, the Adidas Invitational has like 300 teams competing so I don't want to sift through the word vomit on that site, and the Battle of the Best Charlotte has no game times listed that I can find. If a player has conflicting events, assume they'll be at the Nike or Adidas events.

EVENT LINKS →
Adidas Invitational
Adidas Gauntlet Finale
Nike Peach Jam - Peach Jam Live Stream
Under Armour All-American Camp
Phenom Champion Showcase
Battle of the Best Charlotte

• BRANDON CHILDRESS
    • ​Under Armour All-American Camp
  • ELI WRIGHT
    • Hoop Dreams (Adidas Finale)
      • 7/10 - 12:40pm vs Team Wall
      • Battle of the Best Charlotte
  • ​​ELIJAH CAMPBELL
    • ​Showtime Ballers (​Battle of the Best Charlotte)
  • KAMERON MCGUSTY
    • Under Armour All-American Camp
  • KWE PARKER
    • Team Felton (Phenom Champion Showcase)
      • 7/10 - 7:45pm vs USA United
  • MARIO KEGLER
    • MBA Hoops (Battle of the Best Charlotte)
  • RICHARD WASHINGTON
    • Team Loaded VA (Adidas Finale)
      • 7/10 - 3:20pm vs Texas PRO
  • ZACH NORVELL
    • Mac Irvin Fire (Nike Peach Jam)
      • 7/10 - 10:30am vs Team Penny
      • 7/10 - 6:00pm vs Arkansas Wings

• JALEN JOHNSON
    • Team Wall (Adidas Finale)
      • 7/10 - 12:40pm vs Hoop Dreams

• EDDIE EKIYOR
    • CIA Bounce (​Adidas Invitational)
  • HARRY GILES
    • CP3 All-Stars (Nike Peach Jam)
      • 7/10 - 12:00pm vs Team Final
      • 7/10 - 9:00pm vs Team Takeover
  • JAVIN DELAURIER
    • Team Loaded VA (Adidas Finale)
      • 7/10 - 3:20pm vs Texas Pro
  • SACHA KILLEYA-JONES
    • Under Armour All-American Camp
    • Team Felton (Phenom Champion Showcase)
      • 7/10 - 7:45pm vs USA United

Last edited:
why are we not hearing more about Jalen Johnson? Are just not that interested?
In terms of coverage of his play during the week so far, it's because he's having a relatively quiet week play-wise.

I can't speak as to how much the coaches are interested in Jalen but I do know they've watched at least one of his games thus far and have shown him a lot of attention in the past.

DM is in a group with a lot of "great dudes."

I know most people don't seem to think OSU is in contention, but after the whole Oden/Conely fiasco, watching him go to OSU and make it to a final 4 would be almost as devastating as watching him do it with Duke.

Last edited:
Kwe's Crystal Ball momentum is back in Wake's favor. Interesting to see a few recent SLU predictions for Tatum, hope that happens.

With all my heart I hope Giles ends up at Wake...if he doesn't, I hope he ends up anywhere but Duke. I don't know if I could take it.

Back