• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

I wonder if 5th grade Harry Giles watched that game.

1. Yes [name redacted] was hired a year later.
2. This year's class is better than next year's (not sure that's a positive).

Meh. Point remains. And I haven't seen much incredible out of DM's coaching abilities thus far. He's definitely floundering with next years recruiting class. Whatever.

Also does it still look like we are going to need to push out some players to open up space for the 2016 class or have we officially decided that we don't want any of the players we've been recruiting?

Last edited:
Just a reminder in August 2014 we had zero 2015 commits and lost Samir Sehic and Shelton Mitchell to Vandy, Moon was posting a [Redacted] pic every other post and everyone was bitching and said the rest of the targets looked bleak.

In October we landed Moore, Crawford and Collins and everyone couldn't believe how awesome of a recruiting job DM did with the current state of Wake bball. And that's before all his 2014 low radar recruits Mitch, Crab, and Dinos all ended up being better than expected.

If curious just start here: http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...lins-ALL-TO-WAKE!/page90?highlight=megathread

Just a reminder in August 2014 we had zero 2015 commits and lost Samir Sehic and Shelton Mitchell to Vandy, Moon was posting a [Redacted] pic every other post and everyone was bitching and said the rest of the targets looked bleak.

In October we landed Moore, Crawford and Collins and everyone couldn't believe how awesome of a recruiting job DM did with the current state of Wake bball. And that's before all his 2014 low radar recruits Mitch, Crab, and Dinos all ended up being better than expected.

If curious just start here: http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...lins-ALL-TO-WAKE!/page90?highlight=megathread

good perspective

That's Devin Thomas and CMM. It can only get you so far.

I can't see where either of these players has developed as far as shooting is concerned. Both were pretty good players as freshmen and weren't All-ACC level last year.

Just a reminder in August 2014 we had zero 2015 commits and lost Samir Sehic and Shelton Mitchell to Vandy, Moon was posting a [name redacted] pic every other post and everyone was bitching and said the rest of the targets looked bleak.

At this point in time 63 of the ESPN 100 are uncommitted. Fourteen of those 63 are still considering Wake Forest. If the events of the past week have not convinced you that little credence can be given to the "experts", stay tuned. There are plenty of surprises still to come.

Also consider that the top recruits are increasingly waiting later in the recruiting cycle to make their decisions and commit. If you are going to recruit with the big boys patience, persistence and risk are involved. Manning may be running with the big dogs. If you haven't got the chops to hang with him, get up under the porch where you belong.

Last edited:
What's the over/under on number of pages the day Harry announces? I'm going 48.

Personally, I'm out in the backyard in a lawn chair.

Hope your confidence pays off.

Eh, all the context clues are already there so it's not going to surprise anyone. The Eli thing catching most people off guard draws more initial comments.

I can't see where either of these players has developed as far as shooting is concerned. Both were pretty good players as freshmen and weren't All-ACC level last year.

Yeah, I didn't say they were great. They're ACC level players though. Just not the guys to take you deep in the NCAA Tournament.

Eh, all the context clues are already there so it's not going to surprise anyone. The Eli thing catching most people off guard draws more initial comments.

Haha you are giving people too much credit. People are going to scortch the earth with Bzz pics and hot takes when Harry picks Duke

What's the over/under on number of pages the day Harry announces? I'm going 48.

Whatever the exact number is it will be ridiculous. It's not like the board hasn't known he was leaning towards Duke at least as far back as February. If he picks Wake then great, but to meltdown over something that you've seen coming for months is stupid.

2017 Louisiana PG Romin Williams (@Roloading) has picked up interest from Ole Miss, Wake Forest, and Middle Tennessee this month

Whatever the exact number is it will be ridiculous. It's not like the board hasn't known he was leaning towards Duke at least as far back as February. If he picks Wake then great, but to meltdown over something that you've seen coming for months is stupid.

Yep this

Back