• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

So the only plan that "makes any sense" is to play the number 1 recruit in the country out of his natural position?

Absolutely. Harry Giles and Danny Manning are the same player. If there's a plan, this is it.

A lot of flapping about Manning's plan. If I were he, this would be my 2017 lineup.

Moore at the 5, Collins at the 4, Giles at the 3 (important), Crawford at one guard.

Let's hope for our sake that Coach K has been non-committal on letting Harry play what he considers, in his own mind, his natural position. The 3 would seemingly be it at the college and pro level as he possesses very good handles, great court vision to work the court as a point-forward type and can drive / slash the lane and finish with aplomb.

Although I can't see Rat Face overlooking this crucial point.

Giles is a 4 at the college and pro level and will play the 4 at the college and pro level. What the freaking hell are you people talking about?

I've heard on these boards, and from two "reliable" sources that while B Chill and Harry were watching games at the Joel last year Harry was heard saying something around the lines of "When you and I are out there it won't even be close" and other little comments that I'm sure 16 year olds make when they get excited. Take it FWIW

Giles is a 4 at the college and pro level. What the freaking hell are you people talking about?

Giles is certainly a 4 at the college level and most likely the pro level too. I can still see Manning slip him into a 1-3 to lock down opposing teams top scorers on occasion, or drop back to help bring the ball up the court on offense to beat the press.

Giles is a 4 at the college and pro level and will play the 4 at the college and pro level. What the freaking hell are you people talking about?

Possibly the reason he might choose to come to Wake.

I'm happy to pass a tidbit on when I can but talking about sources is counterproductive.

Possibly the reason he might choose to come to Wake.
What reason? He'll play the 3 or he'll play the 4? You're making absolutely zero sense.

He'll play the 4, and there isn't any player at Duke or Wake who is gonna prevent him from that.

*Cue WENYEN GABRIEL posts*

Really? I think it's funny to watch some of you high basketball IQ types pick the fly shit out of the pepper and call it enjoyable. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Manning is vastly better than [Redacted]. Not sure to what degree the ship is "righted" yet but better IMO. It remains to be seen whether we will become competitive in our conference again under Manning. I'm hopeful.

Based on the comments some people post I can't see how they would enjoy watching a WFU basketball game. I think the rest of your statement is fair. I think the jury is still out. I believe he will be a good coach based on what I have seen on the court and on the recruiting trail. I can easily understand the 'jury is still out' crowd. I think the doom and gloom crowd doesn't know what they are talking about.

I hope there is not a complete meltdown when nothing comes out of this visit. He will take all his official visits.

He will definitely take all of his visits, and he won't decide until close to the deadline in my opinion. If he is smart he will build the anticipation some and time it when he can maximize his media exposure. He is already building his brand. This decision will go a long ways towards determine what kind of public persona people will project upon him.

He will definitely take all of his visits, and he won't decide until close to the deadline in my opinion. If he is smart he will build the anticipation some and time it when he can maximize his media exposure. He is already building his brand. This decision will go a long ways towards determine what kind of public persona people will project upon him.

This * 10000000000000000000000000000

Good for him too.

Deacons Illustrated ‏@WakeRivals 5m5 minutes ago North Carolina, USA
Hearing Harry Giles will start his Wake Forest official visit today, beginning on campus at noon at the basketball office.

LET'S GO!

Deacons Illustrated ‏@WakeRivals 1m1 minute ago North Carolina, USA
Giles will also be in attendance tonight as the Wake Forest volleyball team takes on Georgia in the Deacon Classic (7 p.m. Reynolds Gym).

UK March Madness vs. women's volleyball. Hmm...

Last edited:
You're pretty definitive in your statement. I hope you're right. But I think a lot of us would say it a bit differently
- Manning may end up being a good coach
- He hopefully will start turning the ship around
- Soon we should be heading in the right direction

- For some reason our ship is a lot harder to steer than other ships and so it takes a really long time to get it turned around
- We are perpetually planning a great journey in our ship, and we have been about to depart since Neptune was a sparkle in Saturn's eye

Back